Options

List of files?

BodleyBodley Registered Users Posts: 766 Major grins
edited April 5, 2005 in SmugMug Support
How can you get a list of files in an album. I uploaded 108 files and only 80 are showing. I need to find out which files are missing.

Is there a way to get a list if files without a 1-by-1 review? Also, If you upload a file which is already in an album will it overwrite the file?

Thanks,
Greg
Greg
"Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2005
    Greg
    Bodley wrote:
    How can you get a list of files in an album. I uploaded 108 files and only 80 are showing. I need to find out which files are missing.

Is there a way to get a list if files without a 1-by-1 review? Also, If you upload a file which is already in an album will it overwrite the file?

Thanks,
    Greg
    S.. Exporter can get you going, I think..

S*E has this functionality, too, but as of now it's in a testing stage and not ready for a public use.. However, if you wanna play with fire (it is NOT pretty, trust me) - shoot me an email:-)

And no, if you upload the same file twice new copy will NOT overwrite the old one.
    There is a special routine to overwrite the file, and no API for it yet.

HTH

Cheers!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    Doug Munn - JLM PHOTODoug Munn - JLM PHOTO Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited April 4, 2005
    Suggestion * Return file names in email
    Star*Explorer is an awsome tool. I like how it saves file names for uploads. The only problem is that I am bound to that machine for uploads.

However, I'd like to suggest the following for smugmug -

I receive an email when an upload is complete, instead of just telling me that, say, 62 pictures were uploaded, follow it with a list of files the files uploaded and their smugmug equivalent numbers.

Just have it as an optional comma delimited list of say:
    filename,smugmug number

You can just take the info from the upload file array and include the full path.

I can then take that information and cut and paste it into my own database to keep track of the file associations for our records.

Also, with emails, this gives a good permanent record.

Doug
    From drivng race cars to riding race horses, it's hard to keep the woman down.
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2005
    Doug, you only have to ask:-)
    First of all, thanks (again:-) for your kind words about S*E thumb.gif and for your support - did you check S*E's "hall of fame" lately;-)?

I think it's a very nice feature (sending an email with the list of filename-urls), and I will try to implement it soon. Actually, S*E will be able to give you the full names, while SM can only get you the "name only", since SM does not store the path (please correct me if I'm wrong).

Hopefully this week - that it, unless there are no more surprises:-)

Thank you for a great suggestion!thumb.gif

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2005
    Nikolai,

Will the SE "plain" version be upgraded to handle 16mb files?

Greg
    Greg
    "Tis better keep your mouth shut and be thought of as an idiot than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2005
    It is now..
    Bodley wrote:
    Nikolai,

Will the SE "plain" version be upgraded to handle 16mb files?

Greg
    All you need to do is to go to options (Ctrl+F11), Upload section and change the limit. You can even set it to zero (meaning no size checking), but this way you will disable local size check and may end up with a lot of failed uploads.

Please keep in mind that the ACTUAL limit is set by SM, not by S*E. And if I'm not mistaken 16Mb is for pro accounts only, power and std are still at 8. Just to be clear..

HTH

Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    flyingpylonflyingpylon Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2005
    Star*Explorer is an awsome tool. I like how it saves file names for uploads. The only problem is that I am bound to that machine for uploads.

However, I'd like to suggest the following for smugmug -

I receive an email when an upload is complete, instead of just telling me that, say, 62 pictures were uploaded, follow it with a list of files the files uploaded and their smugmug equivalent numbers.

Just have it as an optional comma delimited list of say:
    filename,smugmug number

You can just take the info from the upload file array and include the full path.

I can then take that information and cut and paste it into my own database to keep track of the file associations for our records.

Also, with emails, this gives a good permanent record.

Doug
    I suggested this very same thing several months ago. I think it would be quite trivial on Smugmug's part. However, my requests must have fallen to the bottom of the priority list.

So, with the release of the API, I took it upon myself to write a little web application that allows you to export your data (including the filenames and smugmug IDs you were asking about) into standard CSV files which can be opened in MS Excel or any text editor. You're welcome to use it if you'd like, the link is in my signature.

(the name is up in the air pending the recent branding policies)

Paul
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2005
    Nikolai wrote:
    Please keep in mind that the ACTUAL limit is set by SM, not by S*E. And if I'm not mistaken 16Mb is for pro accounts only, power and std are still at 8.
    HTH

Cheers!1drink.gif
    Nilolia
    I do have a pro account (PRO IN MY CASE IS rolleyes1.gif no sales online yet, just in person) and also a sponsor of SE which makes life muuuuch easier. Thanks.

Paul,
    Thanks for the response, sounds like a simple solution.
    Greg
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2005
    You're golden then:-)
    Bodley wrote:
    Nikolai
    I do have a pro account (PRO IN MY CASE IS rolleyes1.gif no sales online yet, just in person) and also a sponsor of SE which makes life muuuuch easier. Thanks.
    QUOTE]

Just change the said setting..:-)
    Cheers!1drink.gif
  • Options
    winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited April 5, 2005
    Bodley wrote:

Thanks,
    Greg
    The easiest way I konw of to get a list of files in a gallery is to select "bulk delete". This gives you a page with all the photos with their file name below. It is very quick and easy.

-w