Todays Landscapes

VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited April 27, 2008 in Landscapes
So went out to take some more landscapes today. I just had my Nikon sensor cleaned via Nikon today and im happy with the results. Now I just need to do some regular maintenance myself to keep it clean. But anyway heres todays batch, let me know what you think:

photo-31-1.jpg

photo-30-1.jpg

photo-29-1.jpg

photo-28-1.jpg

photo-27-1.jpg

Comments

• jdmphotojdmphoto Registered Users Posts: 159 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2008
    I am just an amatuer but here are my thoughts. Number 1 I like but there's something bothering me about the white (possibly blown out) area between the lower branches of the trees and the bridge structureheadscratch.gif . I also like #3 but would like to see it a little bit wider so that you can see all of the tree. Other than that I really like the setting and the lighting, I also like the wood grain in #6.:D
    See my photo's athttp://jdmphoto.smugmug.com/

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Yeah it was a lil tricky

#1) My QR adapter was not secured that well. I just finger tightened it, i didnt wanna take any chances getting too close to the water for that perfect shot. So I was quick

#2) I shoulda waited a bit longer, the sun was at that point where it was not cooperating. Thus, the white effect below the blue. It was at that level and caused me all sorts of problems.

Im gonna try this location again, because its a few blocks away from my house and its a nice area to get some small waterfall shots.
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Vycor wrote:
    Yeah it was a lil tricky

#1) My QR adapter was not secured that well. I just finger tightened it, i didnt wanna take any chances getting too close to the water for that perfect shot. So I was quick

#2) I shoulda waited a bit longer, the sun was at that point where it was not cooperating. Thus, the white effect below the blue. It was at that level and caused me all sorts of problems.

Im gonna try this location again, because its a few blocks away from my house and its a nice area to get some small waterfall shots.

I like all your shots. I love the composition of the last shot . I am sure you will get there if these shots are to go by. Keep shooting loads.
    Regards
    Bob
  • cwphotoscwphotos Registered Users Posts: 763 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    I like the post on these. The last image bothers me though. It looks like it was over dodged in parts or there was a bit to much clarity added. There are halos.
    ====My Gear=====
    Canon 5D Mk.2/Grip || Canon 7D Backup
    17-40 f/4L || 70-200 f/2.8L IS || 100mm f/2.8L Macro || 24-70mm f/2.8L
    Wedding Photographer
    www.cwphotos.net
  • ReeflectionsReeflections Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    The last one is my fav. The saturated colors give it an almost painterly feel and the composition is very nice.

Maybe making a selection of the sky before working on it would help that brightness around the edge?
    Aloha!
    Mike

Just one more thing to buy and I'll have everything I need. ;)

Reeflections Gallery
    Underwater Photography Workshops & Ikelite equipment
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Nice soft light on these. And if you need some help keeping your sensor clean a quick search will turn up a lot of info about that here! thumb.gif