Feature Request....

Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
edited April 25, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Just was wondering (if this has been brought up, I'm sorry) if there is a way to easily download an original from my gallery? I have the right click protection on, and I also dont have originals available for public view. So in order for me to download a photo that I may have lost on my end, I have to disable my right click protection and enable orignals, view photo and save, then go back thru and disable the orignals and re-enable the right click protect.

If we could add a tool to "photo tools" that would just be available to me when I am logged in, that was "download original", that would be great!

Once again, sorry if this has been talked about, I have not been on this forum in quite some time. :)

Thanks! Love my SmugMug!!!!!

Tim
www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Just was wondering (if this has been brought up, I'm sorry) if there is a way to easily download an original from my gallery? I have the right click protection on, and I also dont have originals available for public view. So in order for me to download a photo that I may have lost on my end, I have to disable my right click protection and enable orignals, view photo and save, then go back thru and disable the orignals and re-enable the right click protect.

If we could add a tool to "photo tools" that would just be available to me when I am logged in, that was "download original", that would be great!

Once again, sorry if this has been talked about, I have not been on this forum in quite some time. :)

Thanks! Love my SmugMug!!!!!

Tim
    Hi Tim, it's been brought up :) And don't ever be sorry for asking anyway - we love to hear from you :D

Sooooo, our sorcerers know the need for downloading files even though you block 'em. If they can make a way to allow this, for you, but not your viewers, we'd love to have it.

In the meantime, you can use AlbumFetcher or SmugDav (both work great!):

http://wiki.smugmug.com/display/SmugMug/Hacks+and+Apps
  • Tim KirkwoodTim Kirkwood Registered Users Posts: 900 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Andy,

Thanks for the reply. I will tune in later to see if this becomes available.

Tim
    www.KirkwoodPhotography.com

Speak with sweet words, for you never know when you may have to eat them....