Why I love youth sports...

littleleaguerlittleleaguer Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
edited April 27, 2008 in Sports
Been lurking (and learning from the best) here quite a while, but now that the season has started back up, thought I would de-lurk, introduce myself and share my favorite, although certainly not best shot from the past weekend tourney.

284936655_Jmsvk-L-1.jpg

I'm not a pro (don't even compare to most of you). This one is a bit soft. But every now and then, especially as the kids get older, it's fun to capture and share photos like this one with the kids and parents, and makes you glad you can.

So...is this where I say "Hello, I'm Greg and I'm a smug-aholic"?:D
"Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets." -- Rocky Bridges

Comments

• beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Good back-up
  • vt1122vt1122 Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2008
    Fun Shot. Its not always the great action shots that are the best, especially when shooting youth sports. And welcome to dgrin.
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2008
    :D I have all kinds of comments on this, but maybe it's best I don't:D

welcome
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2008
    Fun shot - and a nice shot of the local pro's ad behind. What is it - pic a memory dot com?

Was a pro shooting the event as well?

I looked at your galleries and see that there are many photographers advertising on the field.

Looks like your kids are fully supported by the local restaurants, banks and photographers. We dont see nearly as many ads on our fields

Welcome to DGrin, I am sure you will learn a lot here.........

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • time2smiletime2smile Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2008
    Thank You and welcome.

Its the Kids memories that count.......
    Ted....
    It's not what you look at that matters: Its what you see!
    Nikon
    http://www.time2smile.smugmug.com
  • littleleaguerlittleleaguer Registered Users Posts: 12 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Thanks, I Love it here.
    As far as comments on this shot, I had to leave it with "good backup" :D. The parents had some good ones at the games this weekend.

Our league is well supported by the community. Doesn't hurt for marketing. Very few pros are seen shooting our games. The T&I shooters advertise heavily, never see any of them on the fields. There are a few pros that frequent the other area ballparks, though. Depends on the tournament.

Thanks for the welcome...I learn a lot here. Hopefully, I can apply some of the knowledge.
    "Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets." -- Rocky Bridges