My sons in available (fluorescent arrggh) light... first post

stuckupsignsstuckupsigns Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 26, 2008 in People
Hello from North Texas!

I didn't see a section for Noobs, so slap my hand if I missed it! I figure since I didn't see one, and this is a photography forum, I would post pictures!! Looking forward to getting to know you!

Honest CC please...
DSC_3529A.jpg
DSC_3538A.jpg
DSC_3555A.jpg
DSC_3564A.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Shane

Comments

• JetJet Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Welcome to dgrin! You'll find lots of friendly and expert advice here (although not from me, I'm far from being an expert :D)

I dont think you have anything to worry about. You've done well with the lighting and have some nice shots here. I like no. 1, great lighting and expression.
    Keep it up, we hope to see more thumb.gif
    Jethro :D
    My Blog
    Jethro Kingston Photography
    Use this coupon code to get $5 off when joining smugmug: eO3NU7AM85scE
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    First off. Welcome to the forums. There's a wide range of skill across the forum. As for the photos...I'm not liking the color in #1 and #2(it might be the monitor I am using). Also in #2 I think the photo would benefit from more DOF. #3 and #4 are eggscellent. I like the color...they look more rich to me than in 1 and 2. You also did a good job of keeping reflections out of his glasses. If you posed the pictures, they all look pretty good. Natural looking poses I think. thumb.gif I hope this helps.ne_nau.gif

~Paul
  • stuckupsignsstuckupsigns Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 25, 2008
    Thanks a bunch!! I had a really hard time with the color in PP with these. My store (where they were shot) has sort of gray/purple walls and loads of overhead crappy fluorescent lighting. Zac (no glasses) has very pale skin that usually looks really green if there is someone with him in the photo.

For the poses, I placed construction paper dots on the walls/floor and told them "look at the red spot" then I would tell them "now without moving your head, look at the green spot" or "now look at the camera." this seemed to work pretty well.

Thanks for the great CC!
  • PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    That's a good idea. Anyways, another reason I think I like #4 is that the bokeh and the desk frame the subject nicely.thumb.gif
  • hamsterhamster Registered Users Posts: 361 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    I think you did a great job. I agree pretty much with Paulcao. Your sons are very handsome. You did a great job with the glasses. My son also wears glasses and I still always screw it up!
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2008
    Welcome to DGinn. Great place; great people. the color cast is not spot on, but they are still good pictues. Cute kids.