D90, Canon, Sony spoof

BrascoleBrascole Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited April 30, 2008 in Cameras
Funny article. Hey it's just for laughs.

http://yourphotoarchive.com/laugh.htm

Comments

• swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    I think my laughing got the loudest on the part about the disk drives. Thanks for the laughrolleyes1.gif
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2008
    Brascole wrote:
    Funny article. Hey it's just for laughs.
    Laughing.gif! rolleyes1.gif
    I especiall liked Sony's tiny black holes based design, the Canon's Ye11 specialty buttons and NIkon's new uVR and RC...lol3.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    rolleyes1.gif Great site. Cool, time to break out the old stock of punch cards! Anyone other than me remember these?
    edited April 28, 2008
    rolleyes1.gif Great site. Cool, time to break out the old stock of punch cards! Anyone other than me remember these?
    Yes. And the punched tape. And entering codes directly into PDP-11 memory with the 8 binary switches on the front control panel (no kb).. And.. Awwh, darn, I'm old...mwink.gif
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,079 moderator
    edited April 28, 2008

One of my early "assignments" for my employer was taking "filler" photographs for our corporate newsletter. Two girls working on three punch card "writers" (key punch machine) was one of the photographs. (A spare key punch machine was always available because they kept breaking down.)

I also photographed a "verifier", a "sorter/counter" and (I think) a duplicator.

That would have been in 1974. I think the first magnetic tape units were installed not long after and then magnetic "platters" (early hard drives) not long after that. (The new President of the company was big on technology. Previously, they had lagged way behind.)
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
    edited April 28, 2008
    ziggy53 wrote:
    ...A spare key punch machine was always available because they kept breaking down...
    I also photographed a "verifier", a "sorter/counter" and (I think) a duplicator.
    good grief man, you're old, too:-)rolleyes1.gif
    I think we had like two or three spares for the same reason...mwink.gif
  • claudermilkclaudermilk Registered Users Posts: 2,756 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    :rutt:rutt:rutt:rutt:rutt:rutt:rutt:rutt:rutt:rutt

I see there's a few of us old farts who've been playing with these newfangled computer doohickeys for way too long. :Drolleyes1.gif
  • BBiggsBBiggs Registered Users Posts: 688 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    Hahahaha enjoyed this alot! I want "mind probe" :D