Options

Weekly Assignment #76: Flow

2»

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    I submitted a shot in the Reflection assignment from the same location. I liked the flow of the water from the wall and the kids running trying to catch it as it was stopping. This kids were having a good time.
    It's probably my monitor, but I don't see anything flow-like...ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    MooreDrivenMooreDriven Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    It's probably my monitor, but I don't see anything flow-like...ne_nau.gif
    The first shot was two opposing flows (water from the wall towards the kids and the kids chasing the water), yet movement towards the left of the frame as the water coming from the wall was being turned off, and the kids chasing it. I'll admit that had I taken the shot two seconds sooner it would have been a much better shot.

Hopefully this has a stronger "flow" appearance.
    352037311_Z3ryr-M.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2008
    The first shot was two opposing flows (water from the wall towards the kids and the kids chasing the water), yet movement towards the left of the frame as the water coming from the wall was being turned off, and the kids chasing it. I'll admit that had I taken the shot two seconds sooner it would have been a much better shot.

Hopefully this has a stronger "flow" appearance.
    I see now. Yeah, it kinda does, but the point is still moot, IMHO ne_nau.gif
    This was a great reflection shot, but I wouldn't put this one on the cover of the "Flow" magazine, you know what I mean? rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    MooreDrivenMooreDriven Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    I wanted to give this assignment one more shot (no pun intended). Waterfalls are an easy target, so I tried for a different angle.

357507178_tHADt-M.jpg

I wish I had brought my tripod, I could have used a slower shutter, but its the best I could do handheld.
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2008
    I wanted to give this assignment one more shot (no pun intended). Waterfalls are an easy target, so I tried for a different angle.

I wish I had brought my tripod, I could have used a slower shutter, but its the best I could do handheld.
    Cool shot thumb.gif
    But flow.. nah ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    Crane walk at sunset
    357614776_EMm5c-L.jpg

Falls
    357622567_eVaC8-L.jpg
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2008
    douglas wrote:
    Crane walk at sunset
    Falls
    Douglas,
    nice crane! thumb.gif
  • Options
    TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Vertical fuild

365612287_HaLpf-L.jpg
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • Options
    edited September 4, 2008
    Trevlan wrote:
    Vertical fuild
    Frank, nice picture thumb.gif but too far stretched for this class, IMO.
    We need something more "in your face" blunt kinda stuff. deal.gif
  • Options
    TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Frank, nice picture thumb.gif but too far stretched for this class, IMO.
    We need something more "in your face" blunt kinda stuff. deal.gif

I'm trying hard Nik. I'll come up with something better. :)
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    Traffic flow
    Does this go with the flow?
    383657679_fxBGv-M-1.jpg
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    AndMan wrote:
    Does this go with the flow?
    Interesting concept... Now let me ask you - did you took all those different pictures today?headscratch.gif
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Interesting concept... Now let me ask you - did you took all those different pictures today?headscratch.gif

Hi Nikolai, not all taken today but taken to fit the assignments over the last month or so. I got a list of some of the assignment topics then took them with me when I went out to shoot. Just took me a while to get round to uploading & posting them. They are "fresh" from when I knew of the assignment topic.

Peter
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited October 1, 2008
    AndMan wrote:
    Hi Nikolai, not all taken today but taken to fit the assignments over the last month or so. I got a list of some of the assignment topics then took them with me when I went out to shoot. Just took me a while to get round to uploading & posting them. They are "fresh" from when I knew of the assignment topic.

Peter

Ah great, phew, thank you for the clarification! thumb.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    This possibly a bit literal and not terribly artistic, but consider it a first try (not helped because the tripod wasn't to hand and I had to manage without it!).

I'm also trying to figure out what the flare was from - I wasn't shooting into light, and if I recall correctly, there wasn't anything shiny behind the tap. Hmmm... (anybody care to enlighten me on flare 101?)

Minor PP - I tilted it to get some angle from the straight down stream of water (would have liked a true diagonal, actually, but there wasn't enough blank space at the edges to do that without losing too much of the subject), cropped, and tweaked the color and brightness slightly.

IMG_1506s.JPG
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    This possibly a bit literal and not terribly artistic, but consider it a first try (not helped because the tripod wasn't to hand and I had to manage without it!).

I'm also trying to figure out what the flare was from - I wasn't shooting into light, and if I recall correctly, there wasn't anything shiny behind the tap. Hmmm... (anybody care to enlighten me on flare 101?)

Minor PP - I tilted it to get some angle from the straight down stream of water (would have liked a true diagonal, actually, but there wasn't enough blank space at the edges to do that without losing too much of the subject), cropped, and tweaked the color and brightness slightly.

Thank you!

Unfortunately, this is one of the examples where the literal match (it is a capture of a stream of flowing water) doesn't help to deliver the message - I feel no flow whatsoever...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Thank you!

Unfortunately, this is one of the examples where the literal match (it is a capture of a stream of flowing water) doesn't help to deliver the message - I feel no flow whatsoever...ne_nau.gif

Yeah, that's my own take on it too, but I was itching to shoot something last night, this assignment caught my fancy and so I went ahead with it anyway :D

Another attempt to come soon.....! (and THANKS!)