Options

legal risk in photographing sport events?

13»

Comments

• Options
    FreestaterFreestater Registered Users Posts: 10 Beginner grinner
    edited May 7, 2008
    dogwood wrote:
    Can I just add... that there is a cost associated with shooting and posting your photos (even of kids at a swim meet).

In other words, you do not have to give those photos away.

If someone wants a photo, you can charge them to recover your expenses for creating those images and that is NOT considered a commercial use. You're merely recovering your costs -- and that can include mileage to get to the event, computer equipment, website fees, etc.

My point is that not all sales are commercial.

Again, I appreciate all of the comments ... well, most all of them. And thanks to the MOD for h-is/er editing. The board Chair of the swim club concluded: " ... after discussing with the [Swim] Board, I think the consensus is that we'd appreciate that photos including [our] swimmers be posted on a site other than a commercial one that receives traffic from the general public. That way -- only [our] or other swim parents with a password -- would have access to the site."

And, that concludes that.

Thank you who posted for understanding PAWACs as well as FCWACs as well as your patience and mentoring of a blundering newbie.

Now, I'm off to plan my next shoot!