Poor Robin

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited April 27, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
We received around 8 inches of snow last night and the Robins were out looking for food this morning. I saw this one sitting in a tree as I was looking out my window. So off came the screen and I opened the window for a few photos. They aren't the best as the wind was still blowing, but I had fun taking them.

Robin just sitting in the shelter of the tree.

285280615_7ZXpr-L-1.jpg

Looks like a snowflake is going to hit this poor Robin in the face.

285281113_3Fma7-L-1.jpg

He doesn't look real happy....hope he doesn't think it was me who did
it :D

285281533_3i4wq-L-1.jpg

Excuse the watermarks...I should have made sure they were off. Hope you enjoyed them. Spring should come to North Dakota soon :scratch

Comments

• AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Nice set of pic. Dogdots.......I like the first one the best.....Shouldn't that robin be a little further south....Like Florida. 8 inches of snow wow... I had my AC on today........thumb.gifazzaro
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Did some playing around, a little cropping, moved the middle slider in levels, and bumped the saturation. I'm not real happy with my crop, but I really felt Robin needed to be out of dead center... and probably too light. I need to synch my screens.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    We received around 8 inches of snow last night and the Robins were out looking for food this morning. I saw this one sitting in a tree as I was looking out my window. So off came the screen and I opened the window for a few photos. They aren't the best as the wind was still blowing, but I had fun taking them.

Robin just sitting in the shelter of the tree.
    Looks like a snowflake is going to hit this poor Robin in the face.

He doesn't look real happy....hope he doesn't think it was me who did
    it :D
    Excuse the watermarks...I should have made sure they were off. Hope you enjoyed them. Spring should come to North Dakota soon headscratch.gif

Awwwwwww he'll be out skiing before ya know it rolleyes1.gif
    Enjoy your Spring and all the cool things it brings thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Azzaro save on your AC bill and come on up...We have the natural AC running rolleyes1.gif

The first photo was the better photo and really not that good either in my opinion, but I was trying to find some humor in the situation. Who wants snow in the Spring headscratch.gif

Charles thanks for playing with the photo. The Robin was dead center, but from my vantage point that was the best I could do without scaring the bird away. I should have cropped it some.

Skippy....the kids were out sledding and having a blast. I think I'll join them today wings.gif

Thank you all for your comments.