Options

Context Menu Copy Protection seems broken

devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
edited April 4, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Just thought I would let you guys know that ur 'Context Menu Copy Protection' seems to be broken.

It works on the first right-click, but subsequent right-clicks show the context menu.

David
David Parry
SmugMug API Developer
My Photos

Comments

• Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2005
    This was actually done on purpose. Always blocking the right click creates other problems on the when users want to do legitimate things like copying text or copying a link location. Plus, I upgraded the strength of our right click protection so much, that we don't even call it right click protection. It is simply "image protection" now. We just keep the right click warning up there to remind users that they can't copy the photos if they tried.
    devbobo wrote:
    Just thought I would let you guys know that ur 'Context Menu Copy Protection' seems to be broken.

It works on the first right-click, but subsequent right-clicks show the context menu.

David
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2005
    ok...sounds fair enough.
    {JT} wrote:
    We just keep the right click warning up there to remind users that they can't copy the photos if they tried.
    That's a bit of a bold statement
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited April 4, 2005
    I guess I should have said "if they tried to copy via right click"

But, as you know, we will never be able to stop a determined user from copying a photo. No fancy scripts can prevent the print screen button from being pushed.
  • Options
    edited April 4, 2005
    {JT} wrote:
    I guess I should have said "if they tried to copy via right click"

But, as you know, we will never be able to stop a determined user from copying a photo. No fancy scripts can prevent the print screen button from being pushed.
    icon10.gif
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos