Scottish Highland

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited April 28, 2008 in Landscapes
Here is one of the Scottish Highlands... Not a very good time to have photographed (was around 11 AM), so the light is a little flat and jarring... But I like the composition...

245987567_dreyA-L-14.jpg

Cheers,

Nikhil
http://www.nikhilshahi.com

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    You're right. That's a spot to revisit in the golden hour. thumb.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    You're right. That's a spot to revisit in the golden hour. thumb.gif

I know... that is the worst part about going on a tour... you don't have any flexibility... but then I was a poor student so had no choice... rolleyes1.gif
  • OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
  • imonkimonk Registered Users Posts: 56 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    I agree, great composition. Looks like a brilliant location to revisit. Although I have to say I don't mind the light in this one at all, nice colours :)
    edited April 28, 2008
    Shniks, where about were you?

Hi- I was around 20 miles outside Edinburgh heading towards Inverness (I think heading West). That whole area is gorgeous

Cheers,
    edited April 28, 2008
    imonk wrote:
    I agree, great composition. Looks like a brilliant location to revisit. Although I have to say I don't mind the light in this one at all, nice colours :)

Thanks. I love that little house towards the bottom left. I hope to revisit this area again soon- hopefully in the early morning or late evening to catch that light.

Cheers,
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    I love Scotland. I spent a week in the Glasgow area and it was just gorgeous. I really like this image for the calming color tones and comp is really nice.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    Even though the sun was high I love the composition, too. The house is perfect! Great colors as well. thumb.gif
    edited April 28, 2008
    I love Scotland. I spent a week in the Glasgow area and it was just gorgeous. I really like this image for the calming color tones and comp is really nice.

I have to agree Emily- Scotland ROCKS! It is such a beautiful place and I have to go back there again. I did not get to go to Glasgow. I was on a 3 day tour with this awesome touring company 'Astral'. They have mini-buses that seat 16 people and you can go on a 2,3 or 5 day tour around Scotland. I took the 3 day one and we hugged the coast traveling west, north and then back south, covering, Glencoe, Glen Afric, Loch Lomond, Loch Ness, Inverness etc. Beautiful place.