Options

Help with text on Photoshop CS3

CajunKimCajunKim Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited April 27, 2008 in Finishing School
Okay here is my problem. Okay I took these senior pictures of this guy and I cleared up everything and put his name in the corner. Well I saved them and now I want to bring them back up and either remove the name in the corner or move it around but I can't get back to the text layer. It is just one layer now. How do I separate them again to have the text layer again so I can adjust it. Thanks so much for the help.

Kim
(Who will be glad when graduation is OVER!)
I'm stressed

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited April 27, 2008
    CajunKim wrote:
    Okay here is my problem. Okay I took these senior pictures of this guy and I cleared up everything and put his name in the corner. Well I saved them and now I want to bring them back up and either remove the name in the corner or move it around but I can't get back to the text layer. It is just one layer now. How do I separate them again to have the text layer again so I can adjust it. Thanks so much for the help.

Kim
    I'm stressed

Hi Kim,

I hate to add to your stress, but unless you saved a copy of the .PSD file before you flattened, then I'm afraid you'll have to start over. Once you flatten the layers and close the file in Photoshop the separate layers are gone forever. Without seeing the image, it's impossible to say, but perhaps you could clone out the text somehow, and preserve the other work you did on the image. ne_nau.gif

Sorry.
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    I suspect you saved as a jpg file. A jpg file format will not support layers so all layers were automatically merged when saved. No going back.

Sam
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    CajunKim wrote:

Kim
    I'm stressed
    The other posters are 100% correct.. but there's a chance you can save your work and sanity.

Depending on how large the signature is and how busy that corner is. You can probably get away w/ creating a droplet for 95% of your shots, then going in and manually correcting the ones that give you trouble.
  • Options
    CajunKimCajunKim Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Thanks so much for the help. No I didn't save a copy before I added the text (which I should have done but now I learned my lesson). So I am starting over with some of them. Thanks again.

Kim