Options

klamatis

jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited April 30, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
A shot from this past Saturday. Produces some large blooms in the spring. C & C always welcome.:D klamatis.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    John,

I like the shot, but I do have a couple of questions and a few observations.

What color space are you using in the camera?

What is your working color space in your software?

Were you using auto WB or a custom WB?

...and which editing software are you using?

The reason I'm asking about the color space and WB is because the image looks somewhat flat - meaning that there is a lack of contrast and colors seem to have lost their impact. I think that the flower has more of purple in it than is shown in the shot above. Also, when I look at the leaves in the background they seem to have a yellow tint to them. If you shot or were working in AdobeRGB then the image would tend to go flat when posted on the web.

If you are shooting in RAW you really don't have to worry about your camera color space setting, but when you bring it into your editing software you should set your color working space to sRGB for posting on the web and printing photographically. If you are shooting in JPG then set your camera work space to sRGB as well.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2008
    Dixie wrote:
    John,

I like the shot, but I do have a couple of questions and a few observations.

What color space are you using in the camera?

What is your working color space in your software?

Were you using auto WB or a custom WB?

...and which editing software are you using?

The reason I'm asking about the color space and WB is because the image looks somewhat flat - meaning that there is a lack of contrast and colors seem to have lost their impact. I think that the flower has more of purple in it than is shown in the shot above. Also, when I look at the leaves in the background they seem to have a yellow tint to them. If you shot or were working in AdobeRGB then the image would tend to go flat when posted on the web.

If you are shooting in RAW you really don't have to worry about your camera color space setting, but when you bring it into your editing software you should set your color working space to sRGB for posting on the web and printing photographically. If you are shooting in JPG then set your camera work space to sRGB as well.

Good morning Dixie

It's a little wet this morning. Thanks for the comments, I can use all the help I can get. I shoot in raw all the time with the camera set as SRGB. My white balance Is set for auto but I also use a whibal white balance card. I use Photoshop CS3 for processing the images. Then I reduce the size and output them in web colors for posting.

So any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2008
    I did not output This one in web colors for posting.
    new look.jpg
  • Options
    summerzsummerz Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    Very nice, wish my vines would bloom that well lol.iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    Moving this to Other Cool Shots! thumb.gif
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    jsmiley wrote:
    A shot from this past Saturday. Produces some large blooms in the spring. C & C always welcome.:D

Can't say I've ever seen a Klamatis, they look rather large.
    I'm not going to comment on the colour, because I am not using my computer to view the image.

Do these flowers have a scent? or are they mostly decorative in appearance?

Thanks for sharing .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 30, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Can't say I've ever seen a Klamatis, they look rather large.
    I'm not going to comment on the colour, because I am not using my computer to view the image.

Do these flowers have a scent? or are they mostly decorative in appearance?

Thanks for sharing .... Skippy :D
    Thanks for commenting Skippy. It's Actually Clematis: I misspelled it. The clematis does not have much of an aroma. Comes in many different colors and sizes.
    Thanks