Sadhu

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
edited April 28, 2008 in People
Here is one of a 'Sadhu' (a holyman). I like the muted background and the placement of the sadhu, the bedding and the poster. Sort of a conflict between the traditional and the modern...

286059013_J7Dq3-L.jpg

Cheers,

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Nice! I like the triangular composition, rich colors and muted background. thumb.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Hi there. I agree, I love the rich colors. thumb.gif I somehow wish the posters would have been bigger, so they don't look lost in the space, but I guess you could have not done anything to do that ;o)
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited April 28, 2008
    shniks wrote:
    Here is one of a 'Sadhu' (a holyman). I like the muted background and the placement of the sadhu, the bedding and the poster. Sort of a conflict between the traditional and the modern...

Cheers,

It's a beautiful photo, although personally I think if you had a tighter frame on the holy man and didn't have as much of the background you'd have a much better composed pic.

The holy man makes a striking subject, the stone wall provides a nice contrast for a background and the cup, pillow and blanket tell the story of the picture.

Very nice though!
  • shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    MagicKiwi wrote:
    It's a beautiful photo, although personally I think if you had a tighter frame on the holy man and didn't have as much of the background you'd have a much better composed pic.

The holy man makes a striking subject, the stone wall provides a nice contrast for a background and the cup, pillow and blanket tell the story of the picture.

Very nice though!

Hi Magic- thanks for your comments. I appreciate your POV- however I wanted to get all three elements (the sadhu, bedding and the posters) in the same frame and could not have done so had I cropped tighter. I do have another one with just the Sadhu, but prefer this photo. :D

Cheers,
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    wow, a beautiful shot! I'd probably like it better with out the poster personally, but still, it is a great shot! clap.gif
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com