Options

Kansas Dgrinners Shootout

swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
edited April 30, 2008 in Journeys
Well, a few of my fellow Dgrinners came to Manhattan Kansas for a shootout this past saturday. We spent most of our time exploring areas surrounding Tuttle Creek Reservoir. ArtScott, CSwinton, and I were there. (My images are B&W - it was an artistic decision, though I know as always many dgrinners will tell me they should be in color. Please try to appreciate them in monochrome). Here are some of my photos:

286034763_UeuJF-M.jpg

286034145_FWK7t-M.jpg

286033583_kX8Qr-M.jpg

286032733_W482w-M.jpg

286035638_yyKQi-M.jpg

286036863_Fi7mb-M.jpg

286038134_5Tx8W-M.jpg

286043111_XNheM-M.jpg

286051265_thnYX-M.jpg

286061045_oZZ7R-M.jpg

286047547_rtGBN-M.jpg

286057359_E6mWr-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    That's right, Kansas was in Black and White when Dorothy live there also.rolleyes1.gif

These are some fine shots, the 3rd shot is my fav.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    I lived in Kansas for awhile...it was nice to see it in photos. Enjoyed the stroll.

#2 is my favorite, but all of them are soooo good thumb.gif
  • Options
    TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2008
    Great shots, really wish I could have joined you all. I think it was a good decision to go B&W.
  • Options
    schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    Wow what a great set. I love the choice of black and white - it really brings out all the great mix of textures and light/shadows that you shot. Really nice work! thumb.gif
  • Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Thanks for the nice comments everyone:D
  • Options
    dadwtwinsdadwtwins Registered Users Posts: 804 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    Ahhh!!! How can you have a dgrinner outing without Shmoone_nau.gif

Even without her presence, your set is lovely. I really enjoy pictures in B&W when showing textures, shadows, shapes etc.. and you have done this well with your set.

Thank you for posting. Can't wait to see your companion shots to come.thumb.gif
    My Homepage :thumb-->http://dthorp.smugmug.com
    My Photo Blog -->http://dthorpphoto.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    ah man i must have missed this. enjoyed the photos! rest assured i'll be at the next one
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    My favorites are 5, and 7. The water level on five is odd, like a slosh, and made me think about that, and the angles of shadows, made me think about seven. How's the fishing there?
    Growing with Dgrin

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    DanielB wrote:
    ah man i must have missed this. enjoyed the photos! rest assured i'll be at the next one

Actually I was wondering why we hadn't seen you on the forum for a while.........

leaforte wrote:
    My favorites are 5, and 7. The water level on five is odd, like a slosh, and made me think about that, and the angles of shadows, made me think about seven. How's the fishing there?

It seemed to be a decent mix of white bass and walleye with a carp and drum thrown in here and there......it pickled up later that evening ......Oh still processing and sorting:D.......Processing digital is not easy for me......much harder than film for me............BACK TO WORK BEEN SLACKIN' LONG ENUFF!!!:D
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website