Options

House Fire

VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
edited April 28, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
There was a pretty decent sized house fire today in South Farmingdale, NY - So naturally since I take a lot of fire related photos, I was there taking shots till my memory card was full (additional photos here: http://www.fdphotos.net/gallery2/v/04-27-2008_sffd/)

042708SFFD_9ND.jpg

042708SFFD_10ND.jpg

042708SFFD_14ND.jpg

042708SFFD_11ND.jpg

042708SFFD_18ND.jpg

And I wonder why my sensor is always dirty...

One more last one, I deleted the photo I wanted to keep that had the hydrant more in the picture... this happened to be my last shot before my card filled up:

042708SFFD_84.jpg

Comments

• Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    Well taken pictures. thumb.gif Looks like the home is going to be a total loss
    except for perhaps the garage.
    Michael
  • Options
    SparkySparky Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    Great shots, nice to see the FF's using the 2 1/2 the right way!
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    Vycor wrote:
    There was a pretty decent sized house fire today in South Farmingdale, NY - So naturally since I take a lot of fire related photos, I was there taking shots till my memory card was full (additional photos here: http://www.fdphotos.net/gallery2/v/04-27-2008_sffd/)

And I wonder why my sensor is always dirty...

One more last one, I deleted the photo I wanted to keep that had the hydrant more in the picture... this happened to be my last shot before my card filled up:

Good Man on the Scene Reporting from you Vycor clap.gif
    Do they know what started the fire?
    Hopefully no one got injured, and I hope they were insured.

That roof is well ablaze, I bet the owners were stunned that it happened.

Great Series, and thanks for sharing thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    This is a great series. The last one is particularly interesting, even thoiugh there's no fier in it. Great action!

I'm not far from the hills that are currently burning above Sierra Madre, in California, but I doubt the fire department would let me anywhere near the place. I honestly don't know if they would, as I've never shot a fire before.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    Most of the departments around here don't mind photographers, as long as they don't get too too close. They love seeing their photos in the papers and on their walls, so they appreciate it when we take their photos.