Kiting at the Ho!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsBournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
edited May 2, 2008 in Sports
One of the largest Kites festival of the year took place over the past weekend at Westward Ho! in north Devon, 3 good days of flying was had by all.

I caught this guy (Marcus) and it was one of those pictures you see in the LCD on the camera and it the one you look for when you upload to your PC. Apart from the wind it was an overcast grey day when the photo was shot

img_2755.jpg

CC welcome thanks for looking

Tim

P.S. Just found a video link to the event

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7372259.stm

Comments

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    Wow, great action capture! clap.gif

It may be just me, or my non-calibrated monitor at work, but it seems like it could use a small boost to the exposure, and a bit more contrast. It seems a little flat. Could just be me though. Great shooting!!
  • donekdonek Registered Users Posts: 655 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    I opened it in Photoshop elements 3 and did some basic manipulation. Auto Levels, shadow highlights (lighten shadows 25%), and then an auto smart fix. I don't know what editing software you use, but I picked the most basic approach I could in case you don't have a lot in that area. I hope you don't mind me reworking your image, but I think the colors are a bit better and it definitely pops more.
    286851185_hUEy2-O.jpg
    Sean Martin
    www.seanmartinphoto.com

aaaaa.... who am I kidding!

whoever dies with the biggest coolest piece of glass, wins!
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Very cool shot. I love the composition, and colors. Almost looks commercial (Strident/Redbull?), in a good way. Horizon seems a tad off, but hey, way to go, great capture.
    Growing with Dgrin

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    donek wrote:
    I opened it in Photoshop elements 3 and did some basic manipulation. Auto Levels, shadow highlights (lighten shadows 25%), and then an auto smart fix. I don't know what editing software you use, but I picked the most basic approach I could in case you don't have a lot in that area. I hope you don't mind me reworking your image, but I think the colors are a bit better and it definitely pops more.
    286851185_hUEy2-O.jpg

Thanks Donek, it one thing getting the picture, it is another game learning how to tweak it in your photo editor of choice headscratch.gif

I am getting there

Tim
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    OK I have processed and hosted some more pictures from this trip, here another example

img_2486.jpg

The link is www.windriders.co.uk and click on gallery 1, the galleries are Atomsphere08 Page 1 & 2

Comments welcome

Tim