Picture Day @ School

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited April 29, 2008 in People
My two had picture day today at school so prior to sending them off, I took a few in my studio. The first one is one of my favorites even though I didn't get my son completely in focus because he was jumping around being silly. C&C Welcome.

287040736_3kD4V-XL.jpg

287053298_MGZz4-XL.jpg

287063304_TDxdf-XL.jpg

#4: This one had the shutter partially closed on the bottom. I have to take my time and redo the fix but you get the idea.
287077500_kYZu8-L.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    My two had picture day today at school so prior to sending them off, I took a few in my studio. This is one of my favorites even though I didn't get my son completely in focus because he was jumping around being silly. C&C Welcome.

Awww... #2 is adorable... clap.gif
  • RhinotheruntRhinotherunt Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Adorable children indeed... I am seeing a slight magenta cast. They are just so cute!
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Adorable children indeed... I am seeing a slight magenta cast. They are just so cute!

Thanks. Yes I see the cast as well...unfortunately I had ZERO time to set anything up in the studio...I flipped on a couple of lights, my wife brought down the stool and and fired off a few shots in between my little one melting down because she wanted to eat and not pose.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Very cute kids!

Is it just my imagination or is most of the light coming from above? I realize you didn't have time to set up for kids, so this may be the case. The last one in particular looks like the light source is way over their heads.
    edited April 29, 2008
    Thanks!....Yup...softbox overhead, left and umbrella front left as you are looking at the shot.
    Rhuarc wrote:
    Very cute kids!

Is it just my imagination or is most of the light coming from above? I realize you didn't have time to set up for kids, so this may be the case. The last one in particular looks like the light source is way over their heads.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• bikingbetsbikingbets Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Very nice!!! clap.gif
    I'd put $10 down that they're heaps better than the school photos!!!

Betsy
    Canon 40D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, 24-105mm f/4L IS, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM , 580EX ll
    edited April 29, 2008
    bikingbets wrote:
    Very nice!!! clap.gif
    I'd put $10 down that they're heaps better than the school photos!!!

Betsy

Thanks Betsy. I wish I could have had something like a half hour or so and after the kids had breakfast so they weren't going crazy for food...especially my lil one.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Great high key shots. do you have to put some extra light on the background to get it to go pure white? I have tried it a time or two without success.
    edited April 29, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    Great high key shots. do you have to put some extra light on the background to get it to go pure white? I have tried it a time or two without success.

I have 2 softboxes (1 overhead and 1 camera left) and one umbrella camera left center and I have the intensity turned almost all the way down. The 1 overhead softbox is on a boom and is close to the backdrop so it eliminates shadows for the most part.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com