Busted!!!

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited May 16, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
It isn't my picture but it is a public picture from the front page of the local paper. http://www.sunstar.com.ph/static/net/2008/04/30/index.html
article_255463_04-30-2008.jpg

"Spot the difference in these two photos taken of slain robbery suspect Nelson Gutierrez outside the Rural Bank of Cebu South in Carcar City. Top: no gun; above: there is. Police explained the gun fell into a ditch and they put it back where it was. Carcar cops also moved the evidence and body as “safety precaution and to secure the area.” (Photographed for Sun.Star by Rey Campana)"
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Hmmmm.... interesting for sure. Michael
    Michael
  • VycorVycor Registered Users Posts: 386 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    If the gun fell into a ditch... from what i know, its supposed to stay there so that the entire scene can be outlined... that doesnt make sense to me....

i shoot a lot of police things, and they do move evidence sometimes, but still things like that, entire area is closed down for reasons
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    Vycor wrote:
    If the gun fell into a ditch... from what i know, its supposed to stay there so that the entire scene can be outlined... that doesnt make sense to me....

i shoot a lot of police things, and they do move evidence sometimes, but still things like that, entire area is closed down for reasons

The level of care with evidence is far different here. I'll give it 50/50 as to whether the gun was moved or planted. On the other hand, I'll make it 90/10 that the dead guy really was part of the armed robbery group.
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    Much easier to scrub, then (sic) plant. ESPECIALLY photography.
    Growing with Dgrin

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited May 1, 2008
    Having been a police officer I can say there's lots of reasons that we'd move evidence. If it was in danger of being lost or destroyed, if it posed a potential safety threat to the people in the area, if it were in an area that it could be tampered with, is it alarming for people to see, etc.

Loaded firearms aren't often left lying around at a crime scene, especially very public ones.
    edited May 15, 2008
    Follow up... assasination
    It is a different world here and while considerably safer
    than the US/EU in many ways it also has elements of
    corruption taken to a fatal level. Here we probably will
    never know if the assasins were criminals who feared
    Igoy's testimony or the vigilantes preempting the courts.
    The majority of killings here are petty criminals offed by
    motorcycle riding vigilantes.

http://tinyurl.com/3u4aoy

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Bank ‘robber’ slain
    By Jovy S. Taghoy
    Sun.Star Staff Reporter

NINE days after surviving a shootout with policemen in a foiled robbery, Recolly Igoy was shot dead by a lone gunman in an ambush yesterday afternoon shortly after being released on bail.

Igoy, 22, and his cousin Ronalde Enario, 22, of Poblacion, Medellin, Cebu were killed in the ambush on the national highway in Barangay Pakigne, Minglanilla, Cebu.

Igoy’s wife Analie, 23, and his sister Chona, 21, survived the attack. Analie was injured on the left hand while Chona was hit in the left shoulder. Chona immediately underwent an operation as the slug that tore her shoulder reportedly hit her bones.

For Cebu Provincial Police Office (CPPO) Director Carmelo Valmoria, the death of Igoy was “unfortunate” because police was considering him to become a state witness.

http://tinyurl.com/432r4x

hursday, May 15, 2008
    Police colonel, 2 others convicted of murder
    By Liway C. Manantan-Yparraguirre
    SAN CARLOS CITY -- A retired police colonel and his two men were convicted Wednesday by the court for killing a bank manager and security guard in Malasiqui in 2001.

Judge Anthony Sison of the San Carlos City Regional Trial Court (RTC) Branch 57 sentenced retired Police Superintendent Artemio Lamsen, a former police chief of Malasiqui, and his two men to reclusion perpetua for robbery with double homicide and frustrated homicide.
  • davidweaverdavidweaver Registered Users Posts: 681 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    Is there anything in the local press about this? I bet his attorney would be interested. Unless it is some poor PD.

Also. It is probably NOT a public picture. There is likely a credit. If it a government police photo then it is likely public domain. Just because it appeared in a paper or newspaper website does not make it public domain.

PS: I'm a shooter for a newspaper run website.
    edited May 16, 2008
    Is there anything in the local press about this? I bet his attorney would be interested. Unless it is some poor PD.

Also. It is probably NOT a public picture. There is likely a credit. If it a government police photo then it is likely public domain. Just because it appeared in a paper or newspaper website does not make it public domain.

PS: I'm a shooter for a newspaper run website.

deal.gif
    The credits for the photo are there and its presence here is as a link to the photo so if the owners pull it, it will disappear here. The article and the photo are the "local press".

Life is in the details :)
    Look before you leap. :)

Other pithy rejoinders left off.