Outdoor soccer begins

Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
edited May 6, 2008 in Sports
Last summer was pretty much a blur from a photo point of view - three kids playing high tier and then enough work to pay for lots of new gear plus my day job. So when I had the opportunity to shoot my youngest first exhibition game this season I wasn't sure what would happen. I also don't remember if I had both the 300mm and the 1DmkIIN last season.

So, I was very pleased with both being back at it, as it were, and with the combo of body and lens. This is a 5 p.m. game in overcast conditions on field turf - you'll notice snow still on the periphery of the field.

286235878_a3MdP-M.jpg

286241933_PaJsv-M.jpg

286243047_BT2VH-M.jpg

286245742_29CbJ-M.jpg

286401722_gkMGu-M.jpg

Comments

• Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited April 29, 2008
    Hi Ann,

here's to spring soccer and being outdoors again (not that I ever had to go indoors here in sunny SoCal mwink.gif ). Must be a good feeling to start up again, especially when you've got good newish gear to pull out.

You got some good shots in there - in the last one, looks like he got it right in the kisser (ouch), and I like the action of the header.

good to see your soccer shots again and hope to see more,

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2008
    Frog Lady wrote:
    Hi Ann,

here's to spring soccer and being outdoors again (not that I ever had to go indoors here in sunny SoCal mwink.gif ). Must be a good feeling to start up again, especially when you've got good newish gear to pull out.

You got some good shots in there - in the last one, looks like he got it right in the kisser (ouch), and I like the action of the header.

good to see your soccer shots again and hope to see more,

C.

Thanks, Colleen. It feels great. I've shot a second game now with the 1D and the 300, and it is a great combo!!!
    The 1D is made for sports!

ann
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    nice actions shots!

Thanks Josh! I love sports shooting. Once upon a time thought "Action is my passion" made for a good tag line, but my hubby thought not! :D