2nd Picture Day @ School

RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
edited May 3, 2008 in People
They have pictures 2 days in a row to accomodate all of the classes and those with siblings can have pictures done together each day. So of course I have to take pictures both days!! This has definitely made it clear that I'm not cut out to be a child photographer ... man was it a lot of work for maybe 10 minutes of chasing my daughter around and never getting an actual posed shot!

C&C Welcome
#1 gotta work on the lighting
287526658_MTrSp-XL.jpg

#2 My daughter didn't want to sit down but she was happy to run at me and put her face right next to the lens.
287523668_dDdb7-XL.jpg

#3 My 4 year old son actually took this, camera was on tripod obviously but he hit the button by golly! This was also the only way I could get my daughter to sit still for a picture!

287505727_3edSn-XL.jpg
Randy Brogen, CPP
www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited April 30, 2008
    Hey Randy,

The third is my favorite. thumb.gif There's something strange about the first one--might be the lighting or the sharpening, but it almost looks the boy was pasted into frame from another shot. ne_nau.gif Adorable kids.

Cheers,
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    Hey Randy,

The third is my favorite. thumb.gif There's something strange about the first one--might be the lighting or the sharpening, but it almost looks the boy was pasted into frame from another shot. ne_nau.gif Adorable kids.

Cheers,

Thanks Richard. I do believe you are correct on the sharpening. In the orig my son is more in focus than my daughter and after applying the sharpening a couple of times I believe the outline of my son became to sharp making it appear unnatural.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    Love that one of you guys! That is awesome!

Wow, these are great....I am jealous bowdown.gif
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    When I saw the first image I screemed, "you gota let those poor souls out of the basement, and take them out side in the sun." :D

Sam
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2008
    Sam wrote:
    When I saw the first image I screemed, "you gota let those poor souls out of the basement, and take them out side in the sun." :D

Sam

On the FLOOR! rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gifWas thinking along those same lines. Love the 2nd one! Cute kids. The 3rd is priceless!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    #2 ius my favorite. I think it could be improved by not having so much head room on the top of the shot.

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• SenecaSeneca Registered Users Posts: 1,661 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    wow...these are good. great job dad! All have beautiful eyes...including YOU!
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Sam wrote:

Sam

:lol4Oh, Sam!
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com