Options

Please help me think and plan

len20len20 Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
edited April 30, 2008 in Technique
I'm shooting a portrait session on Friday (individual female). I would love some advice regarding planning for the shoot. The shoot is for an article based loosely on the theme of style. I'll be working to protray a number of different styles: business person, rock star, cowgirl, 70's, 80's, etc.

I would love to hear how you guys would plan for this shoot.
  • What kind of research would you do for the location(s)?
  • How would you think about poses?
  • How would you think about camera angles?
  • Do you see the compositions in your head first and work to get it, or do you just start shooting?
Looking forward to reading all of your different planning styles!
Canon 5d mii, Canon 50mm f/1.8, 35mm 1.4L, 70-200mm IS L

Comments

• Options
    darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    I'm no expert on portraits, but I think that you will find most of the answers you need in this thread on portrait photography by Yuri (part of assignments) http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=71133

One thing I can suggest is you should get out to the location(s) as soon as you can this week at about the same time you think you'll be there with the model. Take some test shots, that will let you know what you'll need to use the location on the day (difusers, reflectors, flashes, etc) instead of being suprised on that day.
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    len20len20 Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2008
    darkdragon wrote:
    I'm no expert on portraits, but I think that you will find most of the answers you need in this thread on portrait photography by Yuri (part of assignments) http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=71133

One thing I can suggest is you should get out to the location(s) as soon as you can this week at about the same time you think you'll be there with the model. Take some test shots, that will let you know what you'll need to use the location on the day (difusers, reflectors, flashes, etc) instead of being suprised on that day.

I'm going throught Yuri's assignments now. This is very helpful. Thank you for your response.
    Canon 5d mii, Canon 50mm f/1.8, 35mm 1.4L, 70-200mm IS L