Finally, Brethren

brfukbrfuk Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited May 9, 2008 in People
Hello all. I posted my last set Darkness Visible : Part One earlier (http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?p=778029#post778029) which seemed to be quite well recieved.

I hope you find my new set, "Finally, Brethren' pleasing.

http://www.brfuk.com/finallybrethren/
(on smugmug)
http://brfuk.smugmug.com/gallery/4838559_GWqhs#288027993_ZWdD5

Here's a few!

288028569_JghJU-M.jpg

288032796_eRBcb-M.jpg

288034439_Ejw4A-M.jpg

Richard Whitelock

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2008
    Beautiful.

I really like the first two...and in particular #2. No......#1......can't decide.

thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2008
    Indeed, both sets are stunning. thumb.gif

The way you capture your scenes is so peaceful and idyllic, further emphasized by your excellent processing into b/w.

Please keep showing us more! :D
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited May 1, 2008
    awesome shots. I loved them all
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited May 2, 2008
    Excellent work. I like the light and conversion on all of them and the composition on 2 and 3. Well done.thumb.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    Very nice gallery. Makes me almost wish it would be foggy outside today, so I could go our shooting headscratch.gif .. haha ... BEAUTIFUL clap.gif
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    Another excellent set! You do justice to the light. I like them all, but the umbrella shot is my favorite. Nice lines and composition, the lighting is perfect, and your timing capturing the subject super. Your processing is right on. thumb.gif
  • brfukbrfuk Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Thank you for your handsome comments!

I've usually got a set or two on the go. The next set, currently unnamed (which has been 'developing' for almost a year now) is in COLOUR...amazement. :)
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    brfuk wrote:
    Thank you for your handsome comments!

I've usually got a set or two on the go. The next set, currently unnamed (which has been 'developing' for almost a year now) is in COLOUR...amazement. :)
    I visited the whole gallery in smug -- looks like you've been working on this project for a while. Now I am curious; are the locations related, or is it the mood? I'm guessing by the title that the title came to you recently, but maybe I'm wrong. These are wonderful images; you leave me wanting to know more of the story.
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • RhinotheruntRhinotherunt Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    I really enjoy 1 & 2...
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    These are awesome. Love #2.
    LadyTX
  • brfukbrfuk Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    1pocket wrote:
    I visited the whole gallery in smug -- looks like you've been working on this project for a while. Now I am curious; are the locations related, or is it the mood? I'm guessing by the title that the title came to you recently, but maybe I'm wrong. These are wonderful images; you leave me wanting to know more of the story.

Hi. I think the mood is the main thing. But most of my photos are taken in the Oxford. For instance Darkness Visible isn't just Oxford, but almost entirely a small part of Oxford. It's fantastic the sheer amount of variety you can get out of a small area if you learn to look at in a new way each day :)

Also Darkness Visible was almost all taken in a week. Whilst Finally Brethren has photos spanning a number of years, fleshed out with some recent shots with the same intent.

I've already got some work together for Darkness Visible : Part Two and the other coloured, mysterious and rather desolate set which is unnamed at this point.