edited May 3, 2008 in Landscapes
Amargosa Desert - Western Nevada.
780-c2696.jpg
Anybody can do it.

Comments

• Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    its a nice photo, however..

the dead bush in the foreground grabs the attention and somehow it looks like there is a desaturated blob around the bush.. headscratch.gif this is in contrast with the nicely saturated colours in the background. the contrast makes the image almost cut in half in right in the middle with the left part desaturated and the right saturated.

i dont know if this is done in pp but it somehow makes this a strange photograph..

just trying to give my view, no insult meant. thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    its a nice photo, however..

the dead bush in the foreground grabs the attention and somehow it looks like there is a desaturated blob around the bush.. headscratch.gif this is in contrast with the nicely saturated colours in the background. the contrast makes the image almost cut in half in right in the middle with the left part desaturated and the right saturated.

i dont know if this is done in pp but it somehow makes this a strange photograph..

just trying to give my view, no insult meant. thumb.gif

Ash Meadows National Wildlife Refuge is quite a bizarre place. The soil color is quite uneven throughout the reserve.

General info:
    http://digital-desert.com/ash-meadows/

I've been there twice, and the area near by many times, but have never taken advantage of the unique features as far as photographic opportunities. There's a somewhat toned-down version of this shot on the page linked above.

Slideshow:
    http://digital-desert.com/ash-meadows/slideshow.html

I'm hoping to spend some time in the area either next month or in the fall. Maybe I can exploit some of the unique character of the place then. Regardless, this was kind of a 'blow it' shot composiitonally. The colors are unreal though.
    Anybody can do it.