Lunenburg

jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
edited May 4, 2008 in Landscapes
The colorful fishing town of lunenburg Nova Scotia
lunenburg5.jpg

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    I love this photo. You have three kinds of boats in the photo and a red pick-up by the red buildings...whats the chance of that happening :D
  • jsmileyjsmiley Registered Users Posts: 222 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    I love this photo. You have three kinds of boats in the photo and a red pick-up by the red buildings...whats the chance of that happening :D
    Thanks for looking and commenting Mary. Nova Scotia is very colorful. We were wondering why all the bright colors so we asked. The locals said that in years past it was the practice to paint your house and your boat the same bright color. This enabled them to pick out their house and boat dock for many miles out to sea. But with the innovation of GPS this tradition is not practice as much.
    edited May 3, 2008
    jsmiley wrote:
    Thanks for looking and commenting Mary. Nova Scotia is very colorful. We were wondering why all the bright colors so we asked. The locals said that in years past it was the practice to paint your house and your boat the same bright color. This enabled them to pick out their house and boat dock for many miles out to sea. But with the innovation of GPS this tradition is not practice as much.

I find that interesting on why they painted their houses the colors they did. I know when I'm on the lake...finding the house isn't easy when everyone has a neutral colored homerolleyes1.gif

Nova Scotia....what a beautiful place and it photographs so well with the wonderful colors. Someday.....I hope to visit there.
    edited May 3, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    I find that interesting on why they painted their houses the colors they did. I know when I'm on the lake...finding the house isn't easy when everyone has a neutral colored homerolleyes1.gif

Nova Scotia....what a beautiful place and it photographs so well with the wonderful colors. Someday.....I hope to visit there.

Mary if you ever get a chance it would be worth going. We drove to Main and then took the ferry over to Nova Scotia. But that would be a long drive for you.

There's not much to see in the interior but the coastlines are beautiful.
    Oh by the way we have friends in Granville North Dakota. Have a nice day and keep shooting.:photo
    edited May 3, 2008
    jsmiley wrote:
    Mary if you ever get a chance it would be worth going. We drove to Main and then took the ferry over to Nova Scotia. But that would be a long drive for you.

There's not much to see in the interior but the coastlines are beautiful.
    Oh by the way we have friends in Granville North Dakota. Have a nice day and keep shooting.:photo

Just took a peek at your other Nova Scotia photos on your site thumb.gif I'm a lover of the sea...but seem to be land locked :D

I would be a drive for me, but think of all the photos I could get on the way. Definitly worth the trip.

Granville...not far from Minot...I have family in Minot :D
  • gnoojgnooj Registered Users Posts: 92 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    That is a great photo jsmiley. We are going to Acadia National Park in June and were thinking about taking the ferry over to Nova Scotia. This definately helps us with the decision.

Thanks for sharing

Greg
    edited May 4, 2008
    GregM21 wrote:
    That is a great photo jsmiley. We are going to Acadia National Park in June and were thinking about taking the ferry over to Nova Scotia. This definately helps us with the decision.

Thanks for sharing

Greg
    Thanks Greg
    You can get some nice shots in Acadia national Park, especially coastal shots. We took a boat tour out of one of the harbors and got a picture of bear Island lighthouse. It also took us two cranberry Island.

If you take the ferry across to Yarmouth there is the light house to photograph and the manual drawbridge in that area.
    We landed and drove the center of the country to Halifax. And from Halifax we went to Peggy's Cove and Lunenburg following the coast line. Have a nice trip and shoot lots of pictures.9496500-Ti.gif