Options

My trip to DC

TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
edited May 15, 2008 in Journeys
A couple weekends ago a group of dgrin'ers had a shootout in DC.
Their excellent photos can be found at http://dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=90827. I was flying in to DC that weekend but unfortunately a little too late to join up.
I did want to share a couple of my shots but did not want to poach on their thread, so here is little bit of my trip.
We were there to be with a friend who was being honored at the Marine Corps Museum in Quantico Va. The first day we went to Arlington National Cemetary. Every time I'm there, I am awed by the sacrifices that have been made. Perhaps it is the emotions of those grounds but I always find the trees there very beautiful.

Tree
287842280_sTVr3-L.jpg

Other Tree
285051701_YaG9L-L.jpg

These are tulips near the Netherlands Carillon. I liked the view. I took a couple here.

Tulips with monuments in background
285055449_74A8p-L.jpg

We went on to the Famous Marine Corps Memorial.
Flag
285056068_7TTSZ-L.jpg

I went back to the tulips to try a couple more and found another photographer there. He had a lot more equipment than I, he shot with both a DSLR and a medium format film camera. Did not want him to think I was copying so I tried a few different tulip shots...
Tulip
285061238_WkHLq-L.jpg

Tulip
285056277_dXjkR-L.jpg

Tulip
285056408_hQeTQ-L.jpg

We then walked across the bridge to the Lincoln Memorial, Korean War Memorial, WW II Memorial and the Vietnam Veterans Memorial.

Bridge view
285050668_KfUZH-L.jpg

Too many shots to post and most of them not that good but I do like these from the Wall...
Washington Momunet reflection
285059499_JPqE7-L.jpg

Flag reflections
285059746_2kq6b-L.jpg

Small flags reflected
285059959_SWDRL-L.jpg

The next day was spent at the Marine Corps Museum. We did go to the mall that night and get a couple shots...
The Korean War Memorial
285103247_54BEJ-L.jpg

Lincoln Memorial
285117770_Awa7a-L.jpg

And a not great night shot of the Marine Corps Museum.
285105744_53cHt-L.jpg

Overall, lots of photos (a couple of them I actually like) and lots of emotions over those couple days. Sorry it is so long and thank you for looking...

Comments

• Options
    qsjewlqsjewl Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    I really like the pictures of the flag and monument reflected on the wall. great job. very nice pics. Also like the tulips with the monuments in the background.
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited May 2, 2008
    Excellent photos!
    I live in the area and work in downtown DC. You did a great job capturing the emotions felt at the different locations. Thanks for sharing.

— Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2008
    qsjewl wrote:
    I really like the pictures of the flag and monument reflected on the wall. great job. very nice pics. Also like the tulips with the monuments in the background.
    Thank you, those are my favorites as well.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2008
    KevXman wrote:
    I live in the area and work in downtown DC. You did a great job capturing the emotions felt at the different locations. Thanks for sharing.

— Kevin

Thank you for looking and the kind words.
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2008
    Very nice shots.

You got a few shots that I didn't even think of getting til we were on the plane going home.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    edited May 15, 2008
    davev wrote:
    Very nice shots.

You got a few shots that I didn't even think of getting til we were on the plane going home.

Thank you!!!