May Flowers

leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
edited May 3, 2008 in Landscapes
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td rowspan="4" class="msgleft" width="1%">
</td><td class="wintiny" align="right" nowrap="nowrap">2473.1 </td></tr><tr><td height="8">
</td></tr> <tr><td class="msgtxt">288612780_22TQK-M.jpg

It's that time of year again. We had an early morning rain, and an overcast afternoon which is when I shot these photos.

Used the 40D -- Canon 24-105 f4 IS L -- and Canon 250D macro filter (on some shots). The IS was nice -- allowing me to stop down the aperture and still get blur free photos. Although I think my Sigma 70-200 f2.8 was better -- I used it last year. Helps me get the shots without having to get so close. But it doesn't have IS.

288608640_xo2x7-M.jpg

Once again I used my neighbors back yard. She has an amazing flower garden -- the flowers come in waves all through the year. Right now it's tulips.

288614671_v5EUr-M.jpg

Gallery

Lee
</td></tr></tbody></table>

Comments

• Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    the first one has beautifull colours and drops! thumb.gifthumb

Assuming you could do a reshoot, maybe you could try to shoot just that portion of the flower for a very nice abstract/close up aspect!

Macro lens or reverse lens macro would do nicely thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • leebaseleebase Registered Users Posts: 630 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    the first one has beautifull colours and drops! thumb.gifthumb

Assuming you could do a reshoot, maybe you could try to shoot just that portion of the flower for a very nice abstract/close up aspect!

Macro lens or reverse lens macro would do nicely thumb.gif

Thanks -- and a good idea for next time.

288609614_kSMNh-M.jpg

I got about as close as I could focus with the Canon 24-105 f4 and Canon 250D close up filter. I could try again with the Sigma 70-200 f2.8 -- but I'll be dealing with DOF issues.

Lee