Bailie

WilliamClark77WilliamClark77 Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
edited May 3, 2008 in People
My first picture post here :clap

Bailie was fun to shoot yesterday evening and behaved pretty good to be a four year old. She's really outgoing and although she started out a bit shy, she opened up and completely ignored me once she was given a radio to dance to (you can see it beside her in one pic. I planned on cloning it out but changed my mind). I did very little posing.

Things turned out better than I expected. When they told me they wanted shots of her being herself with a natural background we decided to do it at my parents' house at 5:30 in the evening since it was SUPOSSED to be overcast. They have a gorgeous front yard with a pretty pond that has an island we built when I was a teenager. I showed up at 4:45 to get ready and got a bit scared. My mom had just mowed the day before and my dad had planted more cat tails, so the pond was full of dead grass and muddy dirt in the shallow side. There went half the shots I had in mind.

They were stoked with the pics and said I didn't charge enough... good compliments but I'd really like yaw's input. And no need to be nice. I have thick skin.. :D

As you can tell, the sun wasn't playing nice. There's the radio. Best $2 ever. :rofl
288492047_aTzRP-L-1.jpg

288512810_ELNTS-L.jpg

288682379_fVv7D-L.jpg

288530292_oyBPU-L.jpg

288546291_5bsec-L.jpg

288495073_ZiscD-L-1.jpg

288496012_F5Y3Y-L-1.jpg

288512252_HYxia-L.jpg

288683798_Cy5jD-L.jpg

288561111_qK9Ce-L.jpg

And one with little brother making his "I'm fillin my diaper up" face. I didn't intend to frame it so low.
288584731_6ywmK-L.jpg

And to show the mood of this shoot... I'm sure nothing like this has happened to yaw before. :rofl

288693071_onq6S-L.jpg

Comments

• PaulcaoPaulcao Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    First off, welcome to posting. These all look pretty goodthumb.gif. My favs are 1,2,4, and 8. The main problem I have with the photos is that the processing looks too different on each. I'm not sure if that's what you wanted, but the colors/tones and a little all over from photo to photo. Well, mainly 1 and 4 look different from the rest. I think you should pick the adjustments you like and apply it to all the photos so that the set looks more fluid. Anyways, just a thought-- ne_nau.gif
  • WilliamClark77WilliamClark77 Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Paulcao wrote:
    First off, welcome to posting. These all look pretty goodthumb.gif. My favs are 1,2,4, and 8. The main problem I have with the photos is that the processing looks too different on each. I'm not sure if that's what you wanted, but the colors/tones and a little all over from photo to photo. Well, mainly 1 and 4 look different from the rest. I think you should pick the adjustments you like and apply it to all the photos so that the set looks more fluid. Anyways, just a thought-- ne_nau.gif

Thank you for taking the time to comment! Sorry about not having the pics numbered. It slipped my mind. eek7.gif I just edited my post and labeled them. I agree with you on the pp. Part of it is from the sun setting through the trees changing the ambient light and part is because after I finished them they looked too... what's the word... monotonous I guess. I went back and added an overlay or soft light layer to some to change them up. Thanks again. I really appreciate any feedback, even if it's a recommendation to not quit my day job. :D
  • JavaLoverJavaLover Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Welcome!

Nice set, she's a cutie!!! I'm not a technical person, but I have to say I'm sure her parents are quite please with you photos.
    Canon 40D, stock lens and now a Canon 55mm-250mm f/4-5.6 IS.
    tfarley.smugmug.com
  • mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    I like 2 & 8 the best. Adorable fotos. I like the colors but if you run some of these through photoshop and increase the saturation for the entire foto or even just the greens, it would make the foto pop-out even more.

Whats with the last shot? What is that, a feather in the lens? Laughing.gif When people say they feather their light I didn't think people do it literally, haha.

Nicely done.
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    The colors do change alot but all looks fixable. My favorites are 5, 7, and 10.
    :D
    In particular 3, 6, 7, 10, and 11 need to be warmed up to match the rest.
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • WilliamClark77WilliamClark77 Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    Mucho thanks for the feedback. I see what yaw are talking about with the saturation and cooler color on some of them. They'll get the once over again in ps before I upload the final copies for prints. Thanks again. It's very much appreciated.
    Whats with the last shot? What is that, a feather in the lens? Laughing.gif When people say they feather their light I didn't think people do it literally, haha

Haha. That's the dog's tail. She was getting bored with the stuff we already had out and was looking towards me too much, not smiling, fake smiling, etc, so I called the dog to come over to occupy her attention. That's what she's pointing at in pic 7 and the only way I got her still long enough for the upclose face shots was while she was petting it. I didn't notice the dog to my left and snapped just as her tail crossed in front of the lens. It was a really laid back time and lots of fun.