Options

Vulcan Bomber

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited May 8, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
This is the first time I have posted on this Forum and I have no idea if I am in the right place. However, I took a few shots of this Vulcan Bomber of which I had the pleasure to see land at Carlisle Airport a number of years ago. It was used in the Falklands war and to my knowledge there are only four. I know one is at Catterick in Yorkshire and also St.Annes near Blackpool. I just can't bring to mind where the other one is.
I had problems with my 10-22 canon and used 17-85 with the 40D.,
Regards
Bob

288957440_QHUH6-L.jpg
288957461_mHgbH-L.jpg
288957480_88VLM-L.jpg
288957502_jfELe-L.jpg
288957532_nE795-L.jpg
288957570_u7FxE-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited May 3, 2008
    Vulcan Bomber
    This is the first time I have posted on this Forum and I have no idea if it is the right place. However, I took a few shots today of the Vulcan Bomber at Carlisle Airport. I saw it land a number of years ago after it had been used in the Falklands war. I believe there are four of them. I know one is at Catterick, North Yorkshire and the other is at St. Annes, near Blackpool. I just cannot bring to mind where the other one is displayed. I had problems using my 10-22 canon and used my 17-85 with my 40D. I am still learning this game so any advice would be most appreciated.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    This is the first time I have posted on this Forum and I have no idea if it is the right place. However, I took a few shots today of the Vulcan Bomber at Carlisle Airport. I saw it land a number of years ago after it had been used in the Falklands war. I believe there are four of them. I know one is at Catterick, North Yorkshire and the other is at St. Annes, near Blackpool. I just cannot bring to mind where the other one is displayed. I had problems using my 10-22 canon and used my 17-85 with my 40D. I am still learning this game so any advice would be most appreciated.
    Regards
    Bob

I have tried every damned thing to get these photos up. I have done it with no problam on the Macro forum the way you showed me. However, I have tried these series and there is no way they will come up. As you can see all the brackets are in the right place and the forward slash on the right hand side set of brackets. I have also tried to delete the whole damned lot to try again but the aforementioned just keeps appearing.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    or just use the 'image icon' on the top menu above the writing field.

if you click it you can paste your link and the photo will appear thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    I have tried every damned thing to get these photos up. I have done it with no problam on the Macro forum the way you showed me. However, I have tried these series and there is no way they will come up. As you can see all the brackets are in the right place and the forward slash on the right hand side set of brackets. I have also tried to delete the whole damned lot to try again but the aforementioned just keeps appearing.
    Regards
    Bob

Bob, remove the "]http:// after the URL (after the .jpg extension and it should work as I have done below for one of them.

288957440_QHUH6-L.jpg

Cheers,
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    shniks wrote:
    Bob, remove the "]http:// after the URL (after the .jpg extension and it should work as I have done below for one of them.

Cheers,
    Beat me to it thumb.gif
  • Options
    MrQMrQ Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited May 3, 2008
    How's this...
    canon400d wrote:
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    gus wrote:
    Beat me to it thumb.gif

I WIN....:ivar :ivar :ivar
  • Options
    Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    i like # 3! it has an interesting/powerfull angle thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Options
    edited May 3, 2008
    i like # 3! it has an interesting/powerfull angle thumb.gif
    Wow you guys are great. I tried that first after the URL and I only got the first pic up. Anyhow, you have achieved my aim by showing the shots I took now I am gonna have a go at putting a series on the Landscapes of the Tyne at Chollerford. OMG I hope I don't have the same problem as I say I have put shots on to Macro with no prblem. Anyhow thanks an awful lot to you guys which I really appreciate. As I have always said DG is THE BEST.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    This is the first time I have posted on this Forum and I have no idea if I am in the right place. However, I took a few shots of this Vulcan Bomber of which I had the pleasure to see land at Carlisle Airport a number of years ago. It was used in the Falklands war and to my knowledge there are only four. I know one is at Catterick in Yorkshire and also St.Annes near Blackpool. I just can't bring to mind where the other one is.
    I had problems with my 10-22 canon and used 17-85 with the 40D.,
    Regards
    Bob

Hi Bob, fixed your links for you, and merged your two posts ... only one image was showing up :D
    I really like the 3rd image, great angle you took that shot on clap.gif

Good Series Bob ..... hope your 10-22 Lens is okay.

Thanks for sharing .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    Nice shot of the aircraft. & I love aircraft bigtime. Thing about the Brits
    that I also love is the fine mowed grass. They are so attention to details.
    Course I love the beer too. mwink.gif

:D Michael
    Michael
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2008
    DaddyO wrote:
    Nice shot of the aircraft. & I love aircraft bigtime. Thing about the Brits
    that I also love is the fine mowed grass. They are so attention to details.
    Course I love the beer too. mwink.gif

:D Michael

Thanks everyone. I can second that about the beer our whisky in Scotland is quite good too.
    Yes Maxine. the 10-22 is working fine now. It was the first time I had experienced it. It read in the view finder "Folder Full" and nothing would work. I still haven't received any replies to my thread giving an explanation.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Options
    PittspilotPittspilot Registered Users Posts: 128 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Regards
    Bob
    There are quite a number! One is at Southend, and the flying one at Bruntingthorpe. Oh and one at Castle AFB in California. Just to start.