Bryan

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    bp1959 wrote:
    Am I dreaming or is their a fast way
    Thanks

Bryan
    Fast? As you most likely know, speed is dependant on many factors including your file sizes, internet connection, and any problems along the internet to name a few.

We have some tips on making your file size smaller: http://www.smugmug.com/help/speed

You can check your up/down speeds here: http://speedtest.net/ that will give you some idea on your speed.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 3, 2008
    bp1959 wrote:
    Am I dreaming or is their a fast way
    Thanks

Bryan

Some possibilities depending upon what is available to you:
    • Burn them to a CD and take them to work in the evening or weekend and upload from there on their fast connection.
    • Upload 100 each night for a week
    • Set all 500 to go overnight in an unattended upload session
    • Shrink the file sizes by downrezzing the images, then you proof delay (available only to pro accounts) to replace with high res originals whenever anyone orders a print
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • DrDavidDrDavid Registered Users Posts: 1,292 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    Option 1: Find someone with a very fast internet connection like Fios (I know Nikolai has a 15/15 Fios connection and will upload you photos for a fee)
    Option 2: BUY a copy of Star*Explorer and let it run overnight. S*E is cool as it verifies that the upload was done correctly; and will retry it if something goes wrong.
    Option 3: If possible, get Fios from Verizon yourself :)

David
  • PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    If you're in a major metropolitan area, contact all the various broadband providers. I just upgraded from AT&T (6 Mbps download, 750 Kbps upload) to Comcast Blaze... which tonight is performing fabulously at 31 Mbps download and 3.6 Mbps upload. It's that increased upload speed that makes all the difference. And if you can get it, you don't have to pay all that much more for it. It's worth checking!