Options

Folder Full

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited May 4, 2008 in Finishing School
Today I had a funny experience. I use a 40d and I attached a 10-22 canon lens and when I tried to shoot, in the display it read "Folder Full" and it would not shoot. I switched it off and tried again and the same happened. I tried several times and the same occurred. I then tried a 17-85 canon and it worked perfectly. I took several shots and tried the 10-22 again and it worked perfectly and has done ever since. Can anyone tell me what went wrong momentarily, and to show in the viewer "Folder Full"
Regards
Bob

Comments

• Options
    CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    canon400d wrote:
    Today I had a funny experience. I use a 40d and I attached a 10-22 canon lens and when I tried to shoot, in the display it read "Folder Full" and it would not shoot. I switched it off and tried again and the same happened. I tried several times and the same occurred. I then tried a 17-85 canon and it worked perfectly. I took several shots and tried the 10-22 again and it worked perfectly and has done ever since. Can anyone tell me what went wrong momentarily, and to show in the viewer "Folder Full"
    Regards
    Bob

It's a camera setting. The camera can store like 9999 photos in a folder and then has to roll to 0000. This is really the naming scheme, and it seems artificial to me. I guess so you don't have multiple photos with the same name.

Anyway, read your camera manual. There's a way to tell it to reset at 0 again, and next time to just warn you and let you start shooting again.