Terrace of the Jade Mirror

CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited May 16, 2008 in Landscapes
Terrace of the Jade Mirror is located in the newly opened Chinese Garden of Flowing Fragrance at the Huntington Library in San Marino, CA.

YuJingTai.JPG?imgmax=800

Cuong
"She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Very surreal! This looks like the perfect place to shoot IR, yes.

The name of it is also beautiful. thumb.gif
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    schmoo wrote:

This place is IR heaven indeed. Lighting for regular photography is challenging since it's only opened between 12:00 and 16:30. Four hours a day are barely enough to cover a small portion of this 200-acre library and botanical gardens.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2008
    very nice use of IR and splendid photo! thumb.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • Stormy1Stormy1 Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited May 6, 2008
    Thats a really nice shot, i agree, it certainly does look very sureal,
    The things we take for granted today.Might be the Things we miss the most tomorrow
  • DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    schmoo wrote:

Not only a perfect place to shoot, that place is the perfect place to relax. Wish there was something like that in Indiana. :cry
    edited May 16, 2008
    DJT wrote:
    Not only a perfect place to shoot, that place is the perfect place to relax. Wish there was something like that in Indiana. :cry

I was too busy shooting to just hang out and relax. David, I enjoyed your photos from Vietnam. Looks like you had a memorable trip.

Cuong
  • VrungelVrungel Registered Users Posts: 139 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Great photo !
    thumb.gif
    edited May 16, 2008
    Vrungel wrote:
    Great photo !
    thumb.gif

Thanks.

Cuong
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifbowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif FANTASTIC PHOTO!!!!
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• DJTDJT Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited May 16, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    I was too busy shooting to just hang out and relax. David, I enjoyed your photos from Vietnam. Looks like you had a memorable trip.

Cuong

Thanks! I've had many memorable trips. 1999, 2001, 2005 :D I don't know what it is about VietNam but I remember each trip like it was yesterday. I really need to get my blog started again to record my trips. I'm still stuck on the 3rd day of my trip in 1999 rolleyes1.gif
    www.blog.vnphotogallery.com

We're headed to Binh Duong next week for a wedding.
    edited May 16, 2008
    DJT wrote:
    Thanks! I've had many memorable trips. 1999, 2001, 2005 :D I don't know what it is about VietNam but I remember each trip like it was yesterday. I really need to get my blog started again to record my trips. I'm still stuck on the 3rd day of my trip in 1999 rolleyes1.gif
    www.blog.vnphotogallery.com

We're headed to Binh Duong next week for a wedding.

Wow, it's monsoon season so try to stay cool and dry. Have a safe trip and of course shoot some more photos.

Cuong