new galleries don't apply current sub-category

PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
edited May 4, 2008 in SmugMug Support
It used to work that if I were browsing inside a sub-category and created a new gallery, it would by default be within the current sub-category. But for the past week or so, sub-categories no longer apply by default and must be selected manually during the gallery creation. Was this an intentional change? I liked it better the old way! :D

Thanks!
Peter

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    can we have an example from your site please? Thanks!
  • PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    can we have an example from your site please? Thanks!

Sure, Andy, thanks!

Recently I've been adding events to my "Regattas and Events" category. So I don't have too many on one page, I've broken these down into sub-categories by quarter. So, next I navigate into my "2008, 2nd quarter" sub-category, and say "add photos"--new gallery. Last weekend after doing this and uploading images, I noticed the new events had appeared not in the quarterly sub-cat, but rather just within the category. I figured it was user-error on my part, but paid extra attention last night when I went into that same sub-cat again to create a new gallery for the Vallejo Race. In the gallery creation page I noted that the sub-category selection was set to "none". So I set it manually, no problem, but wondered why it no longer does that for me.

thanks!
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    Peter,

You're right - somehow this feature must have been left behind during some recent changes. I'll bring it to the attention of our engineers and they'll be looking into this as soon as possible.

To stay updated on recent changes, I would recommend subscribing to our release notes blog:
    http://blogs.smugmug.com/release-notes/

My apologies for the inconvenience.

Have a great Sunday,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    Thank you Sebastian!