I hate them

brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
edited May 4, 2008 in SmugMug Support
The new help page color themes that is.... I'd like an option for the black background/ darker pages. I understand not everyone does it, but I link from my nav bar to some of these help pages. I would like it to not be such a stark difference from my page to the SM pages. I would rather not recreate each of the help pages on my site...

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    The new help page color themes that is.... I'd like an option for the black background/ darker pages. I understand not everyone does it, but I link from my nav bar to some of these help pages. I would like it to not be such a stark difference from my page to the SM pages. I would rather not recreate each of the help pages on my site...
    Hi Anthony, ouch I'm so sorry this is making you flaming mad :(

We got a huge amount of input that the pages should be more readable, and black on white was the major request. I'm sorry that it's not working for you :(

I wish I had a better answer for you, Anthony, I really do.
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Anthony, ouch I'm so sorry this is making you flaming mad :(

We got a huge amount of input that the pages should be more readable, and black on white was the major request. I'm sorry that it's not working for you :(

I wish I had a better answer for you, Anthony, I really do.
    How about an option of dark or light that we can link to? I know if a visitor link thru the SM logo they will get what YOU chose, but if I wanted to link to a dark page I could use the alternate page w/o having to create my own... It would be even cooler if the pages would automatically match MY theme, but thats asking for the world...
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    How about an option of dark or light that we can link to? I know if a visitor link thru the SM logo they will get what YOU chose, but if I wanted to link to a dark page I could use the alternate page w/o having to create my own... It would be even cooler if the pages would automatically match MY theme, but thats asking for the world...
    Hi Anthony - we'd love to do it - but it's one place where it's a ton of extra work for us. So we've standardized on one set of help pages, white, wide, and readable.
  • brandofamilybrandofamily Registered Users Posts: 2,013 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Anthony - we'd love to do it - but it's one place where it's a ton of extra work for us. So we've standardized on one set of help pages, white, wide, and readable.
    some quick playing with FF WD gives me an easy to read white on black...
    using this page
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/digital-prints
    eliminate the CSS for smugmugWhite "theme" and pureSmugWhite "theme" and you get a nice white on black...
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 4, 2008
    some quick playing with FF WD gives me an easy to read white on black...
    using this page
    http://www.smugmug.com/help/digital-prints
    eliminate the CSS for smugmugWhite "theme" and pureSmugWhite "theme" and you get a nice white on black...

One of the problems is that if we have the option of two different colors, it doubles the amount of time it takes us to test any changes to the help pages. And we change those pages almost every week.

We'll keep discussing it here though.
    SmugMug Product Manager