George Hotel and River Tyne, Northumbria

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited May 8, 2008 in Landscapes
I am not sure if these shots are in the right Forum. If not feel free to move them. There are a couple of shots of the George Hotel, Chollerford, Northumbria UK which stands on the banks of the River Tyne and Chollerford Bridge.
Regards
Bob

289406265_AYpCw-L.jpg
289406274_ZvmZw-L.jpg
289406304_KFGAJ-L.jpg
289406312_Ema9a-L.jpg
289406280_PDqci-L.jpg
289406291_6qrJS-L.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    Hi Bob, lovely gardens and grounds! I'd love to stay at a hotel like this, very cozy-seeming.

Do they actually play chess on that board? If the pieces are stone I couldn't imagine moving one. :D
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Hi Bob, lovely gardens and grounds! I'd love to stay at a hotel like this, very cozy-seeming.

Do they actually play chess on that board? If the pieces are stone I couldn't imagine moving one. :D

Hi, the chess pieces are moveable but I have never seen anyone play on it. They are very heavy as you say. Yes it is a nice hotel with leisure facilities etc etc.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    hi bob!

love seeing your photos of that part of england, been there once and it was marvelous!

did you intend to make the photos so yellow? they have a 'vintage feel' but i'm not sure if that is intentional or not.. rolleyes1.gif
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    hi bob!

love seeing your photos of that part of england, been there once and it was marvelous!

did you intend to make the photos so yellow? they have a 'vintage feel' but i'm not sure if that is intentional or not.. rolleyes1.gif

Hi Chris,
    Pleased to hear you like this part of England. I think I have been a wee bit heavy handed with the temp on CS3
    Regards
    Bob