Options

Ks Dgrinners Shootout 3rd Installment

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited May 5, 2008 in Journeys
Here is my installment of the Ks Dgrin shootout......I left Wichita a little too late to get any sunsets around any of the 3 or 4 lakes between Wichita and Manhattan.......
I slid into Manhattan around 1 am and took to looking for a bar that I had shot in many years ago and as I suspected no one had a clue as to where it was or had been.....wasn't listed in the phone book either......okay slip into wally world for a snack and then over to Tuttle Creek Lake for some sleep.....

Up on waking I found I'd been SMUGGED
289587522_SaJmk-S.jpg

then a bit later I was being eyed like a morsel for breakfast.....
289604155_KKXJD-S.jpg

and then got the buzzard shake.
289591648_UeFdF-S.jpg

after a short meeting at Jonathon Swintons' Studio we are near Tuttle Creek Lake shooting and it seemed like everyone had about the same idea just different vision....B/W....as the day was really grey and very overcast.......but I had to try and find some color in nature.......
but it was still almost monochrome......
289584798_DByj6-S.jpg

good color was hard to find.....
289596720_k7gxm-S.jpg

so I gave in and shot for the conversion.........
289590545_fpuku-S.jpg

289592888_gc4A5-S.jpg

289603079_BjEcv-S.jpg

Did manage to get a fisherman "Tieing On" .......
289601975_ZQHJL-S.jpg

and some friends, brothers, dgrinners and smuggers.......
289594575_CaVtM-S.jpg

A peek into the Flint Hills and Aggie Ville.........
289641063_S78VD-S.jpg

289640208_yYNpD-S.jpg

289633881_EeJyf-S.jpg

289631474_JHcyZ-S.jpg

in AggieVille you may find "STRANGE REFLECTIONS" in the windows......
289630424_4CPV2-S-1.jpg

There is a lot more here at this link to The MANHATTAN PROJECT.....there are 3 galleries......... if you wish to see more of Manhattan (Aggie Ville) and the Flint Hills around Manhattan......

Again Huuuuuge THANK YOU to Jonathon and his wife and it was great meeting other Dgrinners, smugmuggers and their friends......

And THANK YOU TO THOSE THAT HAVE PERUSED THIS THREAD!!!!!:bow:bow
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• Options
    swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2008
    Great stuff Art! I think I mentioned this CSwinton's KS shootout thread, but I am again amazed that we all were in the same place and each walked away with such different wonderful images. Wonderful job.
    Thanks a million for driving up for the fun shootout! I really had a good time. Great to see the fruits of the shootout in your great imageclap.gif
  • Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Great stuff Art! I think I mentioned this CSwinton's KS shootout thread, but I am again amazed that we all were in the same place and each walked away with such different wonderful images. Wonderful job.
    Thanks a million for driving up for the fun shootout! I really had a good time. Great to see the fruits of the shootout in your great imageclap.gif

Thanx for the great compliments......what I thought was funny was we did not actually discuss shooting for monochrome.....CAmeron did mention that you had a look in your eye that said "ART" shots.....and I was just hoping he did not mean to Shoot Art,,,,,,I had only been there less than an hour:D

As some one once said Great Minds think alike:D sometimes anyway

Can't wait to do it again....got some touristy info comeing from wildlife and parks to better familiarize me with what is actually out there for good to great Vistas of our plains.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Nice shots Art!! It does look like B&W's ruled the day.