GoDaddy problems

Justin PhillipsJustin Phillips Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
edited May 5, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Okay I know I have read over and over in this forum that all Smugmug deals with is the cname in the system. I recently just setup a smugmug pro account, and also setup my godaddy domain through smugmug domains. Well I am the guy that the easy stuff never seems to work.

If I go to my domain www.phillipsphotostudio.com, it seems to work just fine for me comes right in. However the free e-mail account I get with GoDaddy never worked so I called GoDaddy and they told me that for some reason none of the default settings took on my account so I had to go in manually and setup things for smugmug. The one thing my domain is missing is an A(Host) record. I was able to get everything setup but that A record. GoDaddy told me that my domain will be going down because that is missing. I have no idea what goes in there. It is asking for a host name and IP address.

Does anyone have any ideas what they are looking for, and what goes in there. All I want to do is get my e-mail up and GoDaddy is telling me that I have to have something in that A record area or my domain would not work at all. They said that SmugMug would know what has to go in there.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Justin PhillipsJustin Phillips Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Okay nevermind I got the problem figured out. I found the info I needed!
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited May 5, 2008
    Justin, Sorry for the delay. I was coming to help. If you still have problems, please let me know.

--Doc
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • Justin PhillipsJustin Phillips Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Thanks for the reply, I have it all figured out and am running well now!