Options

Balloon

ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
edited May 7, 2008 in People
I was informed last week that my grandson Kaleb that I have taken care of since birth is moving away, (sniff, sniff) and has now gone. So last week we grabbed some funny hats and things and started snapping away. I will share some here with you for a while since it helps fill the void while Grandma adapts to my joy being gone. C&C always welcome as I would sure love to learn to take WOW pictures. Gonna need a new cooperative model though ... lol. Especially need help with the pictures in the house, with and without flash as mine are always blurry and yellow. I just got a Sony A200 and YIKES my pictures don't look much better ... maybe should have gone ahead and went with the A700 or maybe different lenses or maybe should just learn what I'm doing! ... lenses are Minolta 50 mm f/1.7 ... Minolta 80-200 mm f/4.5 ... Sony 18-70 mm f/3.5 ... Tamron 28-75 mm f/2.8 SP AF XR Di ... flash Sony 56. Am looking at the Sony 18-250???

One other thing while I'm rambling, I just had to replace my C drive. Now that I have lightroom and photoshop cs2 reinstalled it seems something has changed. My pictures look almost the same between lightroom and photoshop but then when I look at them with windows and upload them they are not as sharp and seem washed out. This didn't used to be the case. Any suggestions?

Thanks for listening, here goes the first set of pictures. I have 12 pictures to share if that's above the limit please let me know and I'll remove. Good day to all.

DSC00727copycopy.jpg

DSC00738copy.jpg

MyBalloon2.jpg

DSC00645copy.jpg

DSC00742copy.jpg

DSC00739copy7.jpg

#7 He was getting very frustrated with that knot. Processing on this photo done with Lucis Art.

DSC00740copy2copy.jpg

DSC00744copy.jpg

DSC00746copy.jpg

DSC00797.jpg

#11 The shadow of his little finger reminds me of a dragon's head.

DSC00813copy.jpg

DSC00781copy.jpg

Thanks for looking.
LadyTX

Comments

• Options
    AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    AWWW! How cute! Wonderful photos! clap.gif Love the soft light and all the detail shots iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    ladytx wrote:
    One other thing while I'm rambling, I just had to replace my C drive. Now that I have lightroom and photoshop cs2 reinstalled it seems something has changed. My pictures look almost the same between lightroom and photoshop but then when I look at them with windows and upload them they are not as sharp and seem washed out. This didn't used to be the case. Any suggestions?

Check the colorspace/profile in the apps. It sounds like you might be working adobeRGB instead of sRGB. You'll want to work with sRGB most of the time (even for printing, places like Ritz Camera and other expect sRGB and if you send in an adobeRGB your print will come back washed out). There should be something under settings or preferences in both apps. I don't have the apps on my machine where I'm at now, so I can't check the menus for you.

Cute photos too :)

Lisa
    ~ Lisa
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    AWWW! How cute! Wonderful photos! clap.gif Love the soft light and all the detail shots iloveyou.gif

Thank you very much.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2008
    darkdragon wrote:
    Check the colorspace/profile in the apps. It sounds like you might be working adobeRGB instead of sRGB. You'll want to work with sRGB most of the time (even for printing, places like Ritz Camera and other expect sRGB and if you send in an adobeRGB your print will come back washed out). There should be something under settings or preferences in both apps. I don't have the apps on my machine where I'm at now, so I can't check the menus for you.

Cute photos too :)

Lisa

Thanks very much Lisa. I have checked the apps for the sRGB, have found it all except in Windows picture viewer. I did find it in my settings for the video card. Does that control how windows displays pictures?
    LadyTX
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    Windows (at least XP and prior) are not color-space aware and assume everything is sRGB.

Since you are working on a Windows computer, take a look at, not only the working color space in side Lightroom (LR) and PS, but at the actual JPG files to be sure that they have been rendered in sRGB. If they are not, then this is probably why they look different when displayed by windows as opposed to when displayed by a color aware application (like PS and LR)..
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2008
    Thank you Scott, I will be sure and check that out.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    IcebearIcebear Registered Users Posts: 4,015 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    To me, #12 is special. I guess it's the eyes. No eyes in any of the others. It's very hard to get a teenie-weenie to look at the camera when they have a toy or other distraction.
    John :
    Natural selection is responsible for every living thing that exists.
    D3s, D500, D5300, and way more glass than the wife knows about.
  • Options
    joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    Great pics. Cute kid. I am sure you will miss him.
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2008
    Icebear wrote:
    To me, #12 is special. I guess it's the eyes. No eyes in any of the others. It's very hard to get a teenie-weenie to look at the camera when they have a toy or other distraction.

I like #12 too. Thanks for commenting.
    LadyTX
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2008
    joshhuntnm wrote:
    Great pics. Cute kid. I am sure you will miss him.

Thanks, appreciate the encouragement.
    LadyTX