From Yesterday!!!

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited May 6, 2008 in People
I have been very busy taking photos of other folks kids lately. Yesterday I took my own kids out for a few shots.

1-
290314583_5n37J-L.jpg

2-
290315686_2jDt3-L.jpg

3-
290313872_wsw7j-L.jpg

4-
290315016_vNqgg-L.jpg

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    valevictorian?

Very nice!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Beautiful shots of beautiful kids. How quickly they grow up nowadays. Pretty soon you'll be shooting grandkids.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    valevictorian?

Very nice!

Noooo....not quite. I think she is 6th or so in her High School class. The gold sash designates that she is graduating with honors and has the BETA Club insignia. I am most pleased that she was third in her class in scholorship monies recieved. Thats what I am talkin about!!!:D

My son has not recieved his sash yet. He is graduating from college the same week she graduates high school. He recieved a distinguished graduate award last week, and was also recognized for his grade point average and placement on the "President's List".

We are VERY proud of all three of them!!!
    edited May 5, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    Beautiful shots of beautiful kids. How quickly they grow up nowadays. Pretty soon you'll be shooting grandkids.

Cuong

Sheesh....don't even say it!!
  • RhinotheruntRhinotherunt Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Great stuff! I like the 08 with the hands...
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
  • BriShayBriShay Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    awesome work as usual....beautiful kids!
    Shayna
    I'm a Nikon Girl:tuesday
    www.BriShayPhotography.com
    edited May 5, 2008
    Great stuff! I like the 08 with the hands...

Laughing.gif...I almost put "oh-eight" as a caption when I posted the photo. I am glad you figured it out!!!
    edited May 5, 2008
    BriShay wrote:
    awesome work as usual....beautiful kids!

Thanks Shayna!! I would say that they get their great looks from me, but some of the regulars in the forum know better!:D
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif lol. Still beautiful shots!
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Congrats. Very cool acomplishments, and fine captures!
    Growing with Dgrin

• ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    Very beautiful photos.
    LadyTX
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited May 5, 2008
    A definite departure from your lush, environmental portraits of late! I do like the high-key, low contrast effect. The first one looks like soft sunlight....is that off camera flash done very naturally? :D

the "oh-eight" shot is great too...would look cool in a high contrast bw, too.

A really nice set, sunny and subtle lighting. My best attempt at a crit would be to separate a bit from the textured background, with the tone-on-tone thing you have going, it is a teeny bit distracting but minor.

It's been said before but you and your wife churned out some gawjus chillin.iloveyou.gif (forgive my yankee-does-louisiana-accent).
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2008
    Nice shots again! I really like 2 and 4; 2 the most!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
    edited May 6, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    A definite departure from your lush, environmental portraits of late! I do like the high-key, low contrast effect. The first one looks like soft sunlight....is that off camera flash done very naturally? :D
    It is my first real effort in using the flash off camera. In #1 I used it from the same direction as the natural light (sunlight) just to add a little fill.
    the "oh-eight" shot is great too...would look cool in a high contrast bw, too.
    I might have to give it a try in BW then!!
    A really nice set, sunny and subtle lighting. My best attempt at a crit would be to separate a bit from the textured background, with the tone-on-tone thing you have going, it is a teeny bit distracting but minor.
    I am not bothered much by the BG. It is one of the columns that I frequently include in portraits. To keep the BG full of the column, I pretty much had to be that close. I was trying to use smaller apertures to keep things in focus....tassle...hat...etc.
    It's been said before but you and your wife churned out some gawjus chillin.iloveyou.gif (forgive my yankee-does-louisiana-accent).
    Laughing.gif.....crazy yanks!!rolleyes1.gif
    edited May 6, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    Nice shots again! I really like 2 and 4; 2 the most!

The processing in #2 is...obviously...quite different than the others. I wish I had gotten her to bring her eyeglasses for that shot!!