Heavenly Landscape

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
edited May 7, 2008 in Landscapes
290868455_eHXLa-XL.jpg
I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• djspinner2kdjspinner2k Registered Users Posts: 127 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    how do you get the clouds to pop out. everytime i try and take this picture i get boring color that blends too much. all grey
    EVGENY:D
    www.petrovphotography.com
    http://petrovphotography.smugmug.com

Canon 30D
    Canon 24-70mm F2.8L
    Canon 70-200mm F2.8L
    Canon 430EX Flash
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    djspinner2k.....

I think it's mostly a case of having the right clouds, the right background sky, and the right light all coming together at the right time. In other words, a lot of luck is involved. I, like you, have taken many shots that just don't have the pop and sizzle this one has. I was lucky on this day.
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • jclim00jclim00 Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited May 7, 2008
    A polarizer helps a lot too, I used it in this shot

286433294_AdtkG-L.jpg
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    how do you get the clouds to pop out. everytime i try and take this picture i get boring color that blends too much. all grey

Using a polarizer helps in some cases. Remember the effectiveness of this filter is dependent on your angle to the sun.

Also, you can look at this PS tutorial, and others describing curves and layer masks. thumb.gif