Night Photograhy

L The ShadowmanL The Shadowman Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited May 10, 2008 in Landscapes
1.DSC_5697wm.jpg
utica_psyco_center.jpg
DSC_0343.jpg
DSC_4334e.jpg
Please let me know what your thoughts are.

Comments

• steveLsteveL Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    Super!
    I think they are outstanding-- all of them. You are very good at night photography.

Question?- what is the red glow in the last image?
  • blalorblalor Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    I love 1 & 3; great colors with the light trails, and I'm a sucker for fireworks. :D
  • SkyStorm82SkyStorm82 Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited May 7, 2008
    Those are awesome. Great job!
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    i'm really digging #3! thumb.gifthumb
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    #3 is very nice!
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    #1 has potential but I'd level it out and I'd crop that blurred out thing out of the lower left corner.

#3 I really like. I'd probably crop it tighter on the bottom, though... there's a bit too much of a "black hole" that's distracting at the bottom of the frame. I start out looking at the fireworks and saying "wow, pretty!" and then follow my eyes to the skyline and then... PLONK get caught staring at the blackness at the bottom of the frame. Just a little tweak could fix that right up!
  • hedlesshedless Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    CatOne wrote:
    #1 has potential but I'd level it out and I'd crop that blurred out thing out of the lower left corner.

#3 I really like. I'd probably crop it tighter on the bottom, though... there's a bit too much of a "black hole" that's distracting at the bottom of the frame. I start out looking at the fireworks and saying "wow, pretty!" and then follow my eyes to the skyline and then... PLONK get caught staring at the blackness at the bottom of the frame. Just a little tweak could fix that right up!

Yeah, I agree with CatOne. #3 rocks, but I ended up staring at the bottom black part trying to figure out if that image had null space in it. Love the colors in #1.
    On #4, also interested on where the orange came from, looks like the aurora borealis or something.

Nice job.
  • L The ShadowmanL The Shadowman Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited May 10, 2008
    Yes number 4 is an aurora borealis, that was shot at the same time of the lunar eclipse that happened a few months ago. I see what you guys are say about number 1 and 3 also.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>