T ball is not really a competitive sport :huh :rofl :rofl well maybe for a few
Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/

Comments

• beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2008
    Wow,
    what a great story, one kid hustles for third with all his heart and three other kids could care less.
    Totally love this capture.
  • bikingbetsbikingbets Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    Great!! wings.gif
    Canon 40D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, 24-105mm f/4L IS, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM , 580EX ll
  • ZeeZee Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    beetle8 wrote:
    Wow,
    what a great story, one kid hustles for third with all his heart and three other kids could care less.

That's pretty funny. I didn't even notice the others just lulling about before you said that. rolleyes1.gif
  • jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,009 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    beetle8 wrote:
    Wow,
    thanks Kieth ,very glad you saw the humor in the shot and the state of times :D
    Jeff W

edited May 8, 2008
    bikingbets wrote:
    Great!! wings.gif
    thank you thumb.gif
    Jeff W

edited May 8, 2008
    Zee wrote:
    That's pretty funny. I didn't even notice the others just lulling about before you said that. rolleyes1.gif
    you do have to look at a shot you know rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif thanks for looking and taking time to comment thumb.gif oh yea thanks again Kieth :D
    Jeff W

• ZeeZee Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    jwear wrote:
    you do have to look at a shot you know rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif thanks for looking and taking time to comment thumb.gif oh yea thanks again Kieth :D

I work nights - sometimes my concentration isn't all it's supposed to be :D
    edited May 8, 2008
    I need to revise my comment,
    My original statement said the other three could care less, but upon further admiring of the shot... I think the defender in the middle may care a little. Or maybe he's just looking to the dugout to see if his juice is still waiting for him.
    edited May 8, 2008
    beetle8 wrote:
    I need to revise my comment,
    My original statement said the other three could care less, but upon further admiring of the shot... I think the defender in the middle may care a little. Or maybe he's just looking to the dugout to see if his juice is still waiting for him.
    what he said was "WHY ARE YOU RUNNING ?????? we do not keep score " rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif:D you are right he may have had a moment headscratch.gif
    Jeff W

• Van IsleVan Isle Registered Users Posts: 384 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    What a balanced composition, too. Down, up, down in red in the BG, and a big blue bolt of "lightning" heading for the plate. It creates some lines that focus on the subject, but the whole frane still means something. I really find this image good, and funny!

VI
    dgrin.com - making my best shots even better since 2006.
    edited May 12, 2008
    Van Isle wrote:
    What a balanced composition, too. Down, up, down in red in the BG, and a big blue bolt of "lightning" heading for the plate. It creates some lines that focus on the subject, but the whole frane still means something. I really find this image good, and funny!

VI
    thank you for the very nice comment ,it is appreciated, Jeff
    Jeff W

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    beetle8 wrote:
    Wow,
    15524779-Ti.gif The nonchalance of the kids in the background is a crack-up! So typical, too. Great expression on his face!
    edited May 12, 2008
    I think some of you are being a little harsh about these kids. Two of them are preparing for the next play...in the absence of rosin bags, they're using the infield dirt to get the sweat off their hands. They don't want to make a wild throw to first (assuming that this runner made it all the way home), you know! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Canon 40D, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS, 50mm f/1.4 USM, 85mm f/1.8 USM, 24-105mm f/4L IS, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM , 580EX ll
    edited May 12, 2008
    bikingbets wrote:
    I think some of you are being a little harsh about these kids. Two of them are preparing for the next play...in the absence of rosin bags, they're using the infield dirt to get the sweat off their hands. They don't want to make a wild throw to first (assuming that this runner made it all the way home), you know! rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    I know you have some experience with this and a THROW ???? to first you mean a get the ball and run to first
    Right headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif I was only there to get a shot or 2 of my niece and then was told by the coach to shut up --he was the coach not me ne_nau.gif thanks for stopping by and commenting thumb.gif
    Jeff W

edited May 12, 2008
    saurora wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif The nonchalance of the kids in the background is a crack-up! So typical, too. Great expression on his face!
    I have seen you someplace before ne_nau.gifheadscratch.gif:D thanks , yep they told me the most impotant ting about a team photoguy rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif is silence deal.gif I am to competitive so another job down the drain :cry :cry rolleyes1.gif
    Jeff W

• WildWallyWildWally Registered Users Posts: 494 Major grins
    edited May 12, 2008
    Dang , I miss this age with my kids !!!!!rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Great photo !!!!!!
  • mrobertsonmrobertson Registered Users Posts: 11 Big grins
    edited May 13, 2008
    +1 for the great story in this shot. The guy on the left is the best i think, off in his own world :D
    Michael from Melbourne :thumb

www.mjrphoto.com.au
  • MT StringerMT Stringer Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited May 13, 2008
    I call 'em "flower pickers". Every team has a few! :D My grandson is one of them. This is his first year, and playing shallow right field, he doesn't see a lot of action.

That's a cool shot. I've seen that type of action before. Good capture.
    Mike
    Please visit my website: www.mtstringer.smugmug.com
    My Portfolio
    MaxPreps Profile

Canon EOS 1D MK III and 7d; Canon 100 f/2.0; Canon 17-40 f/4; Canon 24-70 f/2.8; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS; Canon 300 f/2.8L IS; Canon 1.4x and Sigma 2x; Sigma EF 500 DG Super and Canon 580 EX II.
    edited May 13, 2008
    jwear wrote:
    I know you have some experience with this and a THROW ???? to first you mean a get the ball and run to first
    Right headscratch.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif I was only there to get a shot or 2 of my niece and then was told by the coach to shut up --he was the coach not me ne_nau.gif thanks for stopping by and commenting thumb.gif

Oops, I forgot about the sprint to first...after tackling the infielder who first tried to pick it up!

deal.gif yep, you'd best respect the coach...
    Every time I look at your photo I laugh! Thanks for posting it! rolleyes1.gif
    It'd be a good one for a "fill the speech bubble" contest!
    edited May 16, 2008
    edited May 16, 2008
    thank you all for the feed back and all the hits this shot has recieved :D I am very happy -- shoot wildlife almost 100% so the fact that this shot was liked, I am very proud ,thank you all Jeff
    Jeff W