Strolling Beauty ... IR

CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
edited May 14, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
... by the Pond of Reflected Greenery.
BiZhaoTang.jpg?imgmax=800

Cuong
"She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips

Comments

• PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    Howdy Cuong,

Very nice image, good subjects, and I really like the bridge and sky.

I am not very good at critiques, but it's a shame the beautiful girls are leaving the image instead of just entering.

Also, not sure if it could be done, but the path they are walking on would really have a lot more emphasis if it wasn't the same shade/tone as the water, possibly remove the colorization from that in post processing????

Regardless, a beautiful image all around, looking forward to seeing more of your work.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • CuongCuong Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Cuong,

Very nice image, good subjects, and I really like the bridge and sky.

I am not very good at critiques, but it's a shame the beautiful girls are leaving the image instead of just entering.

Also, not sure if it could be done, but the path they are walking on would really have a lot more emphasis if it wasn't the same shade/tone as the water, possibly remove the colorization from that in post processing????

Regardless, a beautiful image all around, looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Craig, thanks for the suggestions. The girls were too quick before I realized the potential of the shot. My post processing skill is rather pathetic so I don't know how to really change the tone of the walk way.

I'm inspired by your IR work and try to develop myself in this new area.

Cuong
    "She Was a Little Taste of Heaven – And a One-Way Ticket to Hell!" - Max Phillips
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    What a beautiful location! It seems that you're having fun with IR!
    edited May 8, 2008
    aktse wrote:
    What a beautiful location! It seems that you're having fun with IR!

The 200-acre Huntington Library and botanical gardens are a great location for IR photo ops.

I'd have to give you, yes you April, credit for getting me into the IR area. Scott's IR photos from the Glacier shootout using your modded camera really pushed me over the edge. I had my Canon G6 modified by Lifepixel shortly after that. One nice thing about using a modded G6 is that I can see what it looks like on the LCD before I snap the shutter.

Cuong
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited May 9, 2008
    Lovely shot!

I need to take my ir-camera out more...
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
    edited May 14, 2008
    Panther wrote:

Craig,

Taking your advice, I removed the colorization of the path and replaced the original with the newer version. It certainly does look much better. Thanks.

Cuong
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    Craig,

Taking your advice, I removed the colorization of the path and replaced the original with the newer version. It certainly does look much better. Thanks.

Cuong

Morning Cuong,

Looks like you did a great job on that, it does look better.

Looking forward to seeing what you have next for us.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 14, 2008
    Cuong wrote:
    ... by the Pond of Reflected Greenery.

Cuong

It is a beautiful shot Cuong, I think I would have waited till the girls walked out of the scene as they are almost out of it in your shot.

What a beautiful location to shoot.
    Lovely Shot thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited May 14, 2008
    Thank you, Craig and Skippy. I'm learning from your advices and suggestions.

Cuong