Custom domain name issues

bfdladder10bfdladder10 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited May 7, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I thought i had this working earlirt today but now it seem only the url dcoyimages.com will take me to my site www.dcoyimages.com cannot be found.In fact when i try and type www.dcoyimages.com into the custom host name in my accoutn settings i get an error that says

That hostname doesn't appear to be valid. It doesn't resolve to a hostname. See our help section on custom hostnames.

I've had my domain name for almost a year through godaddy and i've follwed the online tutorials

What am i doing wrong..

Thanks for the help

Doug

Comments

• richWrichW Registered Users Posts: 941 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    I thought i had this working earlirt today but now it seem only the url dcoyimages.com will take me to my site www.dcoyimages.com cannot be found.In fact when i try and type www.dcoyimages.com into the custom host name in my accoutn settings i get an error that says

That hostname doesn't appear to be valid. It doesn't resolve to a hostname. See our help section on custom hostnames.

I've had my domain name for almost a year through godaddy and i've follwed the online tutorials

What am i doing wrong..

Thanks for the help

Doug
    At goDaddy change your cname to point to www.smugmug.com currently it's going to dcoyimages.com

Step #5 here: http://wiki.smugmug.com/display/SmugMug/GoDaddy+CNAME+Setup

After this you can add www.dcoyimages.com to your SmugMug control panel.
  • bfdladder10bfdladder10 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited May 7, 2008
    On my computer it did show the cname pointing to www.smugmug.com. wierd as it was working fine earlier while i was at work and is working fine now.

Thanks for the help

Doug