Options

Photography schools

aliciarichardaliciarichard Banned Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited May 7, 2008 in Finishing School
Photography schools in many parts of the world are also considered among the best schools. Many parents enrolled their children in photography schools to learn more in their hubby in photography. But for many, they enrolled in photography schools to make this a workable earning profession in the future. Many photography schools all over US and Europe gained more mileage because they are offered in top college and universities. Do you have any idea about this school? an additional information... :clap

Comments

• Options
    Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    I am not at all knowledgeable about this school....nice home page...about us is empty and that bothers me....there is no course out line and that bothers me, no rate structure....that bothers me ......It is like it is an advertisement for Photo schools overall (But does not list any schools to investigate and that bothers me) the contact us page is there so I have sent an email to see what I get back.

I have seen the ads and booklets for Top rated schools like NEW YORK INSTITUTE OF PHOTOGRAPHY, BROOKS INSTITUTE,HALLMARK INSTITUTE & the many ARTS institutes offering degrees in photography.......these schools offer affordable classes for the aspiring professional......

The other site looks good for anyone needing extra help with what their high school guidance counselor offers or just wants to do some investigating on their own.....I did not look thru the whole site....so my opion came off a look at the home page for about a minute.....
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    On top of the good things Art said:

Both of the sites look thrown together to me.

http://www.aboutcollege.info/
    The .info domains are dirt cheap and indicate to me that no real thought was put into a domain.
    The theme chooser (simple CSS) doesn't work either.

http://allphotographyschools.net/
    The site isn't complete. It is buggy as well.

This isn't to say that the sites don't offer valuable information. But these things should be considered before investing too much time on one source.

There are so many free resources on the web. That you should only choose a photo school if you are not good at studying on your own or have a tough time finding motivation. But if your having a tough time finding motivation to learn about photography. Maybe this isn't the best hobby/career for you? This is a hobby/career usually of passion. And passion and motivation usually go hand in hand.
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited May 7, 2008
    The first link does not read like it was created by a native English speaker. The syntax is frequently wrong or poor. Several of the links on the page go nowhere.

"Hubby" is used instead of hobby, and I think no native speaker would make this kind of error.

Some of the statements border on being grandiose, in my opinion.

I find it hard to believe this is the website of a credible institution. Sorry.

As other posters have mentioned there are numerous, well known schools of photography, as well as many formal university programs. I would look there first.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin