which baseball...

rspartsrsparts Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
edited May 15, 2008 in Sports
looks best to you? I played around with some settings and came up with a few I like a lot but I'd like to hear what some of you think.

DSC_1148.jpg

DSC_1147.jpg

DSC_1144.jpg

DSC_1143.jpg

Comments

• Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    #2 - I like the more natural colors and I like the fact that the ball is on grass.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • JohnEBongoJohnEBongo Registered Users Posts: 340 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    I like the first one best. The treatment you gave it I think better matches the scuffed up condition of the ball. The second one might be better with a spiffy new ball to go with the bright color, like the start of a new season.......
  • rspartsrsparts Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    JohnEBongo wrote:
    I like the first one best. The treatment you gave it I think better matches the scuffed up condition of the ball. The second one might be better with a spiffy new ball to go with the bright color, like the start of a new season.......

well it's funny you should say that because not an hour after taking these pictures, I found a new shiny ball in the grass. I'll shoot them again tomorrow :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    I like 3, the ball on grass or with a glove or bat is so much the norm. Seeing it on the dirt with the grass in the background is different.

But hey what do I know about baseball, I'm a Brit eek7.gif

Tim
  • rspartsrsparts Registered Users Posts: 217 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    draggin wrote:
    I like 3, the ball on grass or with a glove or bat is so much the norm. Seeing it on the dirt with the grass in the background is different.

But hey what do I know about baseball, I'm a Brit eek7.gif

Tim

thats how i feel about it. i thought about all the pictures i've seen with baseballs, bats, and gloves together. I was going for a different feel here - almost as if the ball had been bunted and i snapped its picture before the pitcher picked it up to throw it to first base.
  • jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    Initially I liked #1 the best, then I read all the comments, thought about them again and looked through the pics a few more times, and still #1 strikes me as the best...
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • dbaker1221dbaker1221 Registered Users Posts: 4,482 Major grins
    edited May 15, 2008
    #3 then #1 clap.gif
    **If I keep shooting, I'm bound to hit something**
    Dave