Password protect a collection of galleries?

gruegrue Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited May 7, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hello, I am a new user (standard acct). I understand that I can password protect individual galleries. Is it possible to group a selection of galleries, and password protect this group? Then, when the visitor authenticates, they are able to view all galleries in the group, rather than logging in to each individual gallery.

Thanks,
Thomas

Comments

• PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    Give all of the galleries the same password. Smugmug will only ask for the password once.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited May 7, 2008
    PBolchover wrote:
    Give all of the galleries the same password. Smugmug will only ask for the password once.

I second this technique. I do it all the time for school events and it works great. Create a sub-category to define the event. Put 10-20 galleries in it and give them all the same password. Upload images. Set a Feature Photo on each gallery to get rid of the lock icon. Send out a link to the sub-category and tell them the password.

Each viewer enters the password only once on the first gallery they open. All others will just open after that (until they lose that browser cookie).

I even bulk create the galleries in StarExplorer in one screen so they are all created identically and all with the same password, but that's just a time saver - you can create them individually in the Smugmug UI too.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • gruegrue Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited May 7, 2008
    This sounds workable. Thanks for the replies!

Thomas