Leaf Footed Bug

bchaplinbchaplin Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited May 11, 2008 in Holy Macro
I heard a loud buzzing sound last night and found this insect flying around my kitchen light. I shut off the light and hoped it would go away but no such luck -- he eventually took up residence on my bathroom wall. Here's a photo of this crazy-looking bug (not a great shot, partly because I do not have a flash yet and the room was dark, and partly because I was pretty scared of it and my hands were not very steady)

291272518_7HPMi-L.jpg

He waved his antennae at me:

291272140_fdsxu-L.jpg

and I backed off. He has spent the last twelve hours clinging to the same wall and moving around very slowly. I think he might be a Western Conifer Seed Bug.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited May 11, 2008
    bchaplin wrote:
    I heard a loud buzzing sound last night and found this insect flying around my kitchen light. I shut off the light and hoped it would go away but no such luck -- he eventually took up residence on my bathroom wall. Here's a photo of this crazy-looking bug (not a great shot, partly because I do not have a flash yet and the room was dark, and partly because I was pretty scared of it and my hands were not very steady)

He waved his antennae at me:

and I backed off. He has spent the last twelve hours clinging to the same wall and moving around very slowly. I think he might be a Western Conifer Seed Bug.

Hi there bchaplin, isn't it funny how the little critters in life can cause great amounts of fear rolleyes1.gif

Don't worry lot's of people are afraid of bugs, me included to some degree.
    I think it's more the fear of the bug actually being on me more than anything.

So did you manage to get it outside? or is it still lose in the house?

Thanks for sharing thumb.gif ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin