Options

Moving galleries / photos from one smug account to another...

adpaceadpace Registered Users Posts: 260 Major grins
edited July 13, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Is this possible? Can I move whole galleries or even just some photos from one smugmug account to another (& possibly keep comments attached?)?

Thanks!!
Angela Pace

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    Yup, email all the details (for both accounts) to our Support Heroes and we'll handle it for you thumb.gif
  • Options
    bactonbacton Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    Moving galleries from one smugmug account to another
    Andy wrote:
    Yup, email all the details (for both accounts) to our Support Heroes and we'll handle it for you thumb.gif

Andy, I'm pleased to hear that this is possible.

Currently I have a standard account with a small but active following of viewers. I want to upgrade to a professional account (including a newly registered domain name) and don't want to disturb my regular users until the professional settings and appearance are well established and tested. It might take me a couple of weeks!

My thoughts are to simply create a new smugmug account with the new domain name and work on that account to configure the structure and appearance that I want. Then, I would migrate all of the galleries from the old account to the new account and then close the old account. Could the "migrate" be done as a COPY, and not a MOVE?

Does this sound do-able to you? Any advice or suggestions that you would give? Are you aware of any smugmug users that have already done a migration from one account to another?

As ever, thanks for your help.

Bob.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2008
    Hi, Can't do copy, sorry - Move only. thumb.gif