Options

Monitor calibration on Linux PC

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grinsBournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
edited May 12, 2008 in Digital Darkroom
Does anybody know of any Linux software that will do screen calibration?? Everything I have found requires Windows

Tim

Comments

• Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    What flavor of Linux?

Here's a decent article. Make sure to read the comments. Some comments are actually better than the article itself.
    http://www.linux.com/articles/113936
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    Well the distro I am using is debian based (Mepis7), but if it comes as a tarball it should not matter.

DO you know how accurate the article is as it is 3 year old and is written about CRT as opposed to TFT which is the norm now a days (i'm still reading it).

Tim
  • Options
    SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited May 8, 2008
    No, not sure of it's accuracy. It was the first relevant Google hit and seemed to be a step in the right direction.
  • Options
    nmhnmh Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited May 11, 2008
    LittleCms or Argyll
    draggin wrote:
    Does anybody know of any Linux software that will do screen calibration?? Everything I have found requires Windows

Tim

I suggest you check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_color_management.
    It has references to LittleCms and Argyll.
  • Options
    Entropy512Entropy512 Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited May 12, 2008
    I use the latest Argyll beta with a Huey, it works very well.

Not so sure about "poor man's" printer calibration (calibrate scanner with a Wolf Faust test target, then calibrate printer using the scanner to read back a printed test target) via Argyll. I have yet to get decent results with my Epson RX595 and Gutenprint, but I may be applying the profiles wrong. When unprofiled, Gutenprint always makes prints WAY too dark.